Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: A new player.

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    172

    A new player.

    http://hilmor.com/products/family/manifolds

    Any one used or seen this yet?

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by Indy View Post
    http://hilmor.com/products/family/manifolds

    Any one used or seen this yet?
    Has not been released yet.

    But there have been several posts concerning it.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    North Richland Hills, Texas
    Posts
    14,914
    I still think the stepper motor driven dials are funny.
    They are even more ridiculous in person than they appear in the video.

    They really take away from what otherwise seems like it may be a decent instrument.
    If more government is the answer, then it's a really stupid question.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by mark beiser View Post
    I still think the stepper motor driven dials are funny.
    They are even more ridiculous in person than they appear in the video.

    They really take away from what otherwise seems like it may be a decent instrument.
    I guess you about the only one I know of who has handled one of the Hilmors.

    Does any one think they will buy one?

    I am 3/4 sure I will order one in the morning. But I am going to negotiate like I have never done before. If I can't get some consideration I must just let the sale go.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    North Richland Hills, Texas
    Posts
    14,914
    Quote Originally Posted by hvac5646 View Post
    I guess you about the only one I know of who has handled one of the Hilmors.

    Does any one think they will buy one?

    I am 3/4 sure I will order one in the morning. But I am going to negotiate like I have never done before. If I can't get some consideration I must just let the sale go.
    I checked them out at the AHR expo. I even got to talk to one of the engineers when I started asking specific questions about the pressure transducers and such.

    If they ditch the stupid stepper motor driven analogue portion, I'd consider giving them a try if I was in the market for a 6th set of digital gauges.

    None of the new Hilmor products will be available until March 4th or 5th.
    If more government is the answer, then it's a really stupid question.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by mark beiser View Post
    I checked them out at the AHR expo. I even got to talk to one of the engineers when I started asking specific questions about the pressure transducers and such.

    If they ditch the stupid stepper motor driven analogue portion, I'd consider giving them a try if I was in the market for a 6th set of digital gauges.

    None of the new Hilmor products will be available until March 4th or 5th.
    Yes. In speaking with Hilmor I got the website FieryChill that is accepting advance orders.

  7. #7
    If I buy the Hilmor I will your be short one set of the number you own. If I had a pair of DCs I would be dead even with you.

    Curiosity: What models do you have?

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    maroon lazyboy
    Posts
    1,048
    one digicool is all you need

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by knave View Post
    one digicool is all you need
    Where is the contentment in only owning one brand? I am very fond of my digital gauge collection....just don't have a Diggi-Cool.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Torrington CT
    Posts
    82
    i looked at pair at a trade show they said they were about $900 for some one who does not even have a set of digital's yet it is a little much. I like the look of the Testo's

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    maroon lazyboy
    Posts
    1,048
    Quote Originally Posted by hvac5646 View Post
    Where is the contentment in only owning one brand? I am very fond of my digital gauge collection....just don't have a Diggi-Cool.
    Try one and you will see.

    Is it the best display available? No.
    But It's always easy on the eyes and easy to read, in all temps.
    It's like it's actually built for commercial use, versus glamor for a few months and then... **poof!**

    No hooks breaking off, no high side leakages, no raindrops or condensation killing it instantly.
    I normally second guess every large purchase I make, but no regrets here.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    1,031
    ummm can't justify buying another set of gauges. have no use for it. prolly would like to get the swaging set, instead of using hammer on one.
    Parts Changer Extraordinaire
    ------------------------------------------------------
    Have tools and gauges, will travel.

    RIDGID|YELLOW JACKET|UEI|TESTO|STANLEY|CPS|VETO| KLEIN|MILWAUKEE|MASTERCRAFT|

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event