Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    I just had a pressure switch stuck yesterday, wasnt stuck when I got there but system locked out, checked hoses and hole into flue, obstructions of flue, tied in a 1/4 inch tee and cycled inducer and pressure switch 20 times and nothing. we where there almost a year ago for the same problem. I changed it out. if I got to go back for the same thing probably lean strongly toward board.

Quote Originally Posted by jacob-k View Post
    I just had a pressure switch stuck yesterday, wasnt stuck when I got there but system locked out, checked hoses and hole into flue, obstructions of flue, tied in a 1/4 inch tee and cycled inducer and pressure switch 20 times and nothing. we where there almost a year ago for the same problem. I changed it out. if I got to go back for the same thing probably lean strongly toward board.

probably should add this was on a 80% so no condensate problems possible.

Heres a question for you guys. If I have a bad p/s but don't have the exact one o hand.. is it better/ok to install a higher or lowrr rated one temporarily?
    IE: have a 1.74" and install a 1.52" as a temp to get them through.
    Also on that idea. A single to replace a dual.
    Something that has crossed my mind as we only currently carry two p/s on the truck. One single and one dual I believe. And they re not universal.
    Thanks.

Sent from my GSIII on Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by DeHeatify View Post
    Heres a question for you guys. If I have a bad p/s but don't have the exact one o hand.. is it better/ok to install a higher or lowrr rated one temporarily?
    IE: have a 1.74" and install a 1.52" as a temp to get them through.
    Also on that idea. A single to replace a dual.
    Something that has crossed my mind as we only currently carry two p/s on the truck. One single and one dual I believe. And they re not universal.
    Thanks.

I'd go slightly higher and only for a night or weekend. I can't see the harm if you temporarily put in a switch that is rated above the old one if it will close. Never lower.

Every furnace I've ever measured was pulling about twice as much as the switch is rated for. Carrier doesn't put the specs on their switches so I just determine what the inducer is pulling, and what it takes to close the existing switch and go somewhere in the middle. Any misgivings about it call the supply house and get specs. Or don't do it if it's mild out. I keep a selection of used, good switches at .3, .47, .6 etc up to 1.1. But I still rarely do it if there is time left in the work week.

Good to know. Thanks.

I would like to know about using a single to replace a dual temporarily as well.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123