+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Customer says!!!!

Post Likes

Customer says!!!!

The last company put in 10 lbs of r-22 two weeks ago and charged me $ dollars now they won't come back and tell me I need a new unit. We said okay we'll give a a leak check and tell you what your real probem is and tell how much freon you really need and charge you the going rate for r-22 which is very expensive because it is almost out of production. Oh well I ain't doing that I just want my freon for 20 dollars a pound like the last guy did. DUHHH pass.
    Last edited by beenthere; 04-25-2013 at 06:04 AM. Reason: price

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by toocoolforschool View Post
    The last company put in 10 lbs of r-22 two weeks ago and charged me $ dollars now they won't come back and tell me I need a new unit. We said okay we'll give a a leak check and tell you what your real probem is and tell how much freon you really need and charge you the going rate for r-22 which is very expensive because it is almost out of production. Oh well I ain't doing that I just want my freon for 20 dollars a pound like the last guy did. DUHHH pass.
    10 pounds in a resi unit ?? yea ok
    Last edited by beenthere; 04-25-2013 at 06:04 AM. Reason: Price in quote

Post Likes
    Why do customers give us a hard time about charging them to leak check the system, but they cough up the cash to put in the "freon" whenever needed. This is bad technical assistance, I tell my customers its not ok if the refrigerant leaks out, it should stay in the system if the system is tight.

Post Likes
    I tell them to make a history of it, maybe the leak is small enough it will only happen once or twice...
    Then if i get sent to a call where there has been a history of it leaking, i will explain to them theres an 80% chance i could not find the leak. And if i do find the leak chances are they will be in one of the coils because thats where most of the copper is, which i wouldnt be able to repair, because of the aluminum fins.

So pay me $ to leak check with an 80% chance of not finding it, and more money to replace a coil on an older system...

When an older system is costing more money to operate... So why even put more money into an older system if the money you spend on it, could start you with a new system.

Which is why i dont like heat pumps.... heat pumps are on in the summer and winter, so they only last half as long as regular air conditioners.... And you have to keep doing maintenace, parts break down easily. So the amount your saving, in energy bills compared to just a regular AC, is about the same after the parts.
    Last edited by beenthere; 04-25-2013 at 06:05 AM. Reason: Price

Post Likes
    You only find 20% of your leaks? Might want to work on that...

Post Likes
    Technical hint: I just purchased a Prowler leak detector to upgrade my 10 year old leak detector. The first time using it I found a small leak at a capsulate pressure switch with no refrigerant and just nitrogen pressure. I was impressed and more importantly my customer was impressed, he has put gas in this system for 3-4 years in a row. The people he called in didn't find the leak, the heatpump system is only 5 years old.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by TriWorksInc View Post
    Technical hint: I just purchased a Prowler leak detector to upgrade my 10 year old leak detector. The first time using it I found a small leak at a capsulate pressure switch with no refrigerant and just nitrogen pressure. I was impressed and more importantly my customer was impressed, he has put gas in this system for 3-4 years in a row. The people he called in didn't find the leak, the heatpump system is only 5 years old.
    How did it find a refrigerant leak with no refrigerant in the system? Is it an ultrasonic detector? Unless the whole area was so saturated from the original leak?

Post Likes
    Apparently it's very sensitive and the detector picked up the residual refrigerant R410A pushed by 350 psi of nitrogen.

Post Likes
    I just isolated a system and found the leak in the liquid line I'm just replacing it cuz they buried it originally.

Post Likes
    Speaking of refrigerant leak detectors... Any recommendations?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Random Logic View Post

Post Likes
    Leakythreaddetector.

Post Likes

leak detector

I have an h 10 and I well pleased with it. Have found 95% of the leaks I searched for.
    Quote Originally Posted by Random Logic View Post

Post Likes
    I just bought a cheap CPS leak detector. It has been great for 410a found every leak I searched for so far, not so much for 22.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Snapperhead View Post
    10 pounds in a resi unit ?? yea ok
    5 tons often exceed 10 lbs, Rheem 5 ton heat pump 17lbs

4 ton rheem tax credit 16 seer / 18 seer coil was 14 lbs

French Settlement, Louisiana, United States
    Post Likes
    Went on a micro channel luxaire that data plate showed 3lbs 4oz. Homeowner said she had just paid for 9lbs from company x. So I showed her on the unit where it stated the amount

Post Likes
    When it's Flat don't you guys put nitrogen,, Give it a rapid blast than use ear. It' also increases the pin whole. Seen it done many times.
    Customer is alWays opposite of Left

French Settlement, Louisiana, United States
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by zartangreen View Post
    When it's Flat don't you guys put nitrogen,, Give it a rapid blast than use ear. It' also increases the pin whole. Seen it done many times.
    Bad thing was mine wasn't flat. It was icing up. Only about a pound low. Checked with a leak detector and found leak in evaporator coil. Replaced under warranty and homeowner paid labor. Now she will not call company x again due to my honesty.

Post Likes
    Honesty always pays off in one form or the other.

There r Customers out there who think A/C need to be tapped off every Pre-summer. Sometimes the Hacks have them Trained as a Yearly ATM withdrawl.
    Customer is alWays opposite of Left

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in