2006 Nissan Altima problem

My wife has a 2006 Nissan Altima and it is having trouble starting sometimes. It happens when there is less than a 1/4 tank of gas and sitting cold for a while. You can turn the key and it will try to start but won't turn over like its not getting any fuel. Anyone have any suggestions? I've read that the fuel filter is in the gas tank on the fuel pump and rarely needs changed but I dk, I try to stay away from working on foreign cars.
    Heating/Cooling Services Inc.
    www.andersonhvacservice.com

Could be the chip key losing it's program but just a shot in the dark, those fuel pumps are not that hard to changeout but probably easier to take to the mechanic.
    Trying not to be a Hack.

Get the fuel pressure checked. I had a car a few years ago that had cracks in the gas tank tubing inside the gas tank that came off of the in tank fuel pump. The fuel was spraying back into the tank and not getting to the fuel rail. Once started it seemed OK unitil I got to highway speeds and then it would start missing as if running out of gas, which it was.
    "The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers it can bribe the public with the public's own money.
    - Alexis de Toqueville, 1835

Usually there is a prefilter in tank but are you sure there isn't another one?

No in not sure, havnt looked that hard. I'm going to check it out in a bit and see what I can do. I'm thinking about just trying a bottle of fuel injector cleaner and if that doesn't solve it ill take it to my mechanic.