You want to get rid of gun crime?

Get rid of the liberals and the welfare mentality.

Look at where the majority of violent crimes are committed and deduce who is committing them. The vast majority happen in major metropolitan areas...ie: big cities.

Study the populous of these cities, and you will see who is committing the crimes.

Bus them out to the Grand Canyon and line them up on the edge of the highest canyon wall, making sure they are all tethered together.
    Give the first one a good pat on the back, and watch how fast our problems disappear.

This would get rid of 90 % of our violent crimes, improve our cities, and be a huge step in balancing our national budget.

Problem solved!
    "Politicians are the lowest form of life on Earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician"

- General George S. Patton

That won't work. The real solution is stop the cocaine and herion black markets and focus on locking the real criminals away like the folks that are providing the drugs in the first place. stopping the addicts is just a way to keep the cops busy and justify localizing crime (keep it in the hood) and Getting the abusers into the system for the merry go round. Lock up the dealers. Its not that hard to find the trail of drug traffic. The weapons go right along with drug trafficking. Our country can stop this insanity but there seems to be a breakdown between local law enforcement and national security.
    My name is TooCoolforschool and I am a chronic over charger.

Talking about the causes of things in the arp section will get you labeled as a liberal so be careful .

The farther north you live in this great country the greater your chances of being a "taker" are.

Its not just the libs up north....its all the yankee folk.
    One things for _______ sure, ________ rock didnt land on ______ sorry ___. That ___ __ _ _____ wasnt nowhere near _______ a _______ years ago. __ aint even a ______, __ is half _______ and half ________.

Quote Originally Posted by corny View Post
    The farther north you live in this great country the greater your chances of being a "taker" are.

Are we considered yanks in Missouri?

Get the gangs, drugs, and the kids with no guidance back in line and we would be good to go.

We are in a steady slide, it's all.....................................unavoidabl e.
    KX500......the original big green meanie

Quote Originally Posted by toocoolforschool View Post
    That won't work. The real solution is stop the cocaine and herion black markets and focus on locking the real criminals away like the folks that are providing the drugs in the first place. stopping the addicts is just a way to keep the cops busy and justify localizing crime (keep it in the hood) and Getting the abusers into the system for the merry go round. Lock up the dealers. Its not that hard to find the trail of drug traffic. The weapons go right along with drug trafficking. Our country can stop this insanity but there seems to be a breakdown between local law enforcement and national security.
    Funny why then hasn't cocaine, heroin, etc. became a problem in poverty stricken Appalachia? There is a different type of folks there. They have pride and morals ingrained in their culture, their DNA, etc. Some folks are just prone to that life style and there isn't much you can do about it. Thank you, thank you very much
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

hearthman is offline AOP Committee/Professional Member*
    The government is not serious about stopping drug abuse anymore than they are about stopping violent crime. Too many people make too much money and too many people find power in ruling over these activities or the "attempt" to control them. Big bucks on both sides of the game keep it going. As long as there is power and money to be gained from the outward attempt to control *bad things* those things will continue.

Quote Originally Posted by glennac View Post
    Funny why then hasn't cocaine, heroin, etc. became a problem in poverty stricken Appalachia? There is a different type of folks there. They have pride and morals ingrained in their culture, their DNA, etc. Some folks are just prone to that life style and there isn't much you can do about it. Thank you, thank you very much
    Prescription drug abuse is a serious problem in Appalachia, primarily Oxycontin (hillbilly heroin).

Quote Originally Posted by hearthman View Post
    The government is not serious about stopping drug abuse anymore than they are about stopping violent crime. Too many people make too much money and too many people find power in ruling over these activities or the "attempt" to control them. Big bucks on both sides of the game keep it going. As long as there is power and money to be gained from the outward attempt to control *bad things* those things will continue.
    X2, What you said.
    Also, people are prone to be that way because they are caught in a viscious cycle. Fatherless children grow up to hate authority, it's just a fact. Broken families held down by easy top obtian gov't dole, easy access to drugs weapons alcohol etc to wipe away the pain of a dead end life, mix in mental illness and there you have it. The police just look at it and shake their heads and take em to jail, let the judge deal with it.
    My name is TooCoolforschool and I am a chronic over charger.

Quote Originally Posted by corny View Post

Unfortunately you haven't got a clue.

What is this list?:
    1 New Mexico 2.63
    2 West Virginia 2.57
    3 Mississippi 2.47
    4 DC 2.41
    5 Hawaii 2.39
    6 Alabama 2.03
    7 Alaska 1.93
    8 Montana 1.92
    9 S Carolina 1.92

It's a list of the States that get the most money from the Feds than they send the Feds, i.e.. takers. With the exception of Maine and Vermont, which have exceptionally low crime rates, every New England "Yankee" State sends in more than they get back. The number after the State is the dollar amount received to dollar sent.

Quote Originally Posted by hearthman View Post
    I saw a Vice documentary a while back about a Morman community in Mexico and how they have to protect themselfs from the drug lords.

One of the top guys there was asked his opinion of how to fight the drug trade, his answer was "make pot legal, and the cartel would collaps in short time".

Roy
    "The perfect Totalitarian State is one where the political bosses, and their army of managers, control a population of slaves, who do not have to be coerced, because they love their servitude"