Thread: Join RSES?

Join RSES?

Is it worth the $130/year? I just started looking into it, so can someone explain why it is/isn't worth it? Do you go to local chapter meetings? How often are they/any additional cost?

What is your Career worth to you.
    If you are looking at dollars and cent's. We'll hell you don't need anything. Take your cash and enjoy. R.S.E.S. is the largest Educational Organization in our lndustry. R.S.E.S is for the Professional not looking for what it can do for them. Poor attitude. - Why would a contractor want to hire this guy.
    You should always respect your trade and encourage training.

Yes. RSES is worth it. No one else has a larger selection of training material.

Train yourself.

Don't wait on an employer to provide training.

Well worth it. Training materials, monthly training meetings, many of them PEU worthy. I'll renew yearly.

Pretty big chip on your shoulder there coolinman...bet your loads of fun when training someone. You preach encouraging training a mere sentence after grilling someone for inquiring into training. Dollars and cents is something that any intelligent person has to look at when making helper's wages...I could spend every penny I make on training and still miss hundreds of classes a year. I have to pick and choose the extra education that I spend my money on, and have asked questions on this site prior to every class that I have attended so far.

Your company name speaks for itself.

Quote Originally Posted by cajunhvac75 View Post
    Is it worth the $130/year? I just started looking into it, so can someone explain why it is/isn't worth it? Do you go to local chapter meetings? How often are they/any additional cost?
    I feel its a great investment in yourself. I've been a member since 2010. Our chapter has monthly meetings Sept. through May, i attend the meetings no additional cost. Your membership includes the RSES journal that comes once a month and online access to educational material. Good Luck J/D CM

Thanks for all the input guys, I joined RSES today. Coolinman, I, unfortunately, can not take credit for the "Stiff Nipples" vehicle that is shown on my posts. This is a picture taken in England (hence the 11 digit phone number) by a passerby that thought the name was humorous. My sincerest apologies if this picture has offended your Victorian sensibilities.

Hey guys, new to the forum here. I have been a member of RSES for 15 years. I have to agree with the previous posters. If you are just wanting to make 8 and go home, save your money. If you truly want to excel at what you do, then RSES is a great organization to belong to.