Just FYI - Hot water DOES help with Bypass flow through humidifier.

Just FYI - Hot water DOES help with Bypass flow through humidifier.

I recently installed a GeneralAire 1099 LH in a 3000 sq ft home, new construction. I was having a problem getting the RH above 30% when using cold water. Hooked up to the hot, RH is now comfortably at 40%. Lots of problems due to an overpowered furnace, but hot water did the trick. I browsed the forum and saw a lot of people asking how much hot helps, and in my case, it was 10% increase just one day after making the switch.

Yes it does help. It also makes your water heater turn on multiple times a day instead of a couple so expect to pay a little extra.

The comfort of proper humidity as opposed to what it was before we put in the humidifier (20-25%) is well worth the cost IMO.

That's why humidifier manufacturers recommend supplying them with hot water in the installation instructions. Typically no more than 140 though.
    If more government is the answer, then it's a really stupid question.

Quote Originally Posted by martyinlincoln View Post
    Yes it does help. It also makes your water heater turn on multiple times a day instead of a couple so expect to pay a little extra.
    The increase in humidity enables the home owner to keep their stat set a bit lower. So it saves on the heating bill.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?