Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 25678910111213 LastLast
Results 144 to 156 of 161
  1. #144
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    SE Michigan
    Posts
    18,223
    Glenn, the above video Roy posted should be shown in every high school American government class. It needs to be seen in its entirety without cliff notes.
    The narrator is articulate and does an outstanding job at presenting the facts.....as many as he could fit into an hour anyway.
    To put the world in order, we must first put the nation in order; to put the nation in order, we must put the family in order; to put the family in order, we must cultivate our personal life; and to cultivate our personal life, we must first set our hearts right.
    -- Confucius

  2. #145
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    7,819
    I watched/listened to the whole thing. I don't doubt his information nor his facts presented but something about his presentation is fishy.

    To me, he portrays Hitler as a victim and he does not address any issues of what Hitler or the other dictators did to their people and their countries.

    He stated that all world wars or wars were created by an individual banking system for their benefits and that is the sole reason we went to war but he does not address, as one example, that we went to war with Japan because they attacked us. Japan attacked us and we had to defend ourselves.

    As far as I know Japan was not after our money or banks. They just wanted us out of the picture so they could take over China then continue to move on in the world taking country by country.

    I just don't believe him totally. It seems as if he is on a cause that he believes in and is trying to prove. But I'm also not saying that all that he speaks of has not gone on in the background too.
    "The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers it can bribe the public with the public's own money.
    - Alexis de Toqueville, 1835

  3. #146
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    2,277
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltaT View Post
    I watched/listened to the whole thing. I don't doubt his information nor his facts presented but something about his presentation is fishy.

    To me, he portrays Hitler as a victim and he does not address any issues of what Hitler or the other dictators did to their people and their countries.

    He stated that all world wars or wars were created by an individual banking system for their benefits and that is the sole reason we went to war but he does not address, as one example, that we went to war with Japan because they attacked us. Japan attacked us and we had to defend ourselves.

    As far as I know Japan was not after our money or banks. They just wanted us out of the picture so they could take over China then continue to move on in the world taking country by country.

    I just don't believe him totally. It seems as if he is on a cause that he believes in and is trying to prove. But I'm also not saying that all that he speaks of has not gone on in the background too.
    Another reason was for japan attacking the US, was due to the US restricting oil to Japan and also for the reason you indicated.

  4. #147
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Kaufman county, Texas
    Posts
    10,493
    Quote Originally Posted by glennac View Post
    With all due respect Tool what you said about the Indians is true, sad and wrong. Countries throughout civilization have done this and have not succeeded in becoming great like us. You are comparing apples and oranges.

    I say again what made us great was our form of government and Bill of Rights. Capitalism and free enterprise was not done before us by any countries and not because we choked the life out of other countries as corny says. Unreal.

    They all had centralized governments which didn't allow free enterprise practiced on the scale never before done. Right now we are losing our freedoms and have massive federal interference with private enterprise through thousands of laws and millions of regulations to stifle private enterprise. Thank you very much

    “By 2009, the United States had fallen behind Switzerland, Canada, Australia, Chile, and Mauritius, countries that chose not to follow the path of massive growth in government financed by borrowing that is now the most prominent characteristic of US fiscal policy. By 2010, the United States had also fallen behind Finland and Denmark, two European welfare states. Moreover, it now trails Bahrain, the United Arab Emirates, Estonia, Taiwan, and Qatar, countries that are not usually perceived of as bastions of economic freedom.”

    http://www.economicfreedom.org/2012/...FQaznQod7lMAyg
    I agree our constitution and bill of rights made USA the great nation it is. Just acknowledging that national expansion typically involves stepping on some toes. It seems it is always be invasion into somebody else's territory or result of war. And the USA is not very expansionist at all, otherwise we would have many acquisitions from past wars.
    "You boys are really making this thing harder than it has to be". Me

    "I say we just nuke them from space, that is the only way to be sure". Winch from ALIENS, forgot her name.

    Service calls submitted after 3PM will be posted the next business day.

    I give free estimates [Wild Ass Guesses] over the phone.

    My front door is locked. For your personal protection.

  5. #148
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Posts
    8,273
    Slave labor made us great too.......
    YOU SHALL REAP WHAT YOU HAVE _______ SOWN

  6. #149
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Florida Panhandle
    Posts
    4,550
    Quote Originally Posted by glennac View Post
    How about giving us a short analysis of the video roy. Most of us have a life and don't have time to view every 45 to an hour video link given out here unless we think it might really revile some new unreported for under reported facts. Thank you, thank you very much
    You dont have time???????.....Glenn you have over 10.000 posts.

    Roy
    "The perfect Totalitarian State is one where the political bosses, and their army of managers, control a population of slaves, who do not have to be coerced, because they love their servitude"

  7. #150
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Dacula, GA
    Posts
    12,955
    Quote Originally Posted by royc View Post
    You dont have time???????.....Glenn you have over 10.000 posts.

    Roy
    Get to it when I get a chance roy, seeing as how cool thinks it cool. Thank you very much
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

  8. #151
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Dacula, GA
    Posts
    12,955
    Quote Originally Posted by corny View Post
    Slave labor made us great too.......
    Funny corny you can only say and think negative things about America just like a typical PC anti-American liberal. Sure slavery did contribute but our Constitution with our Bill of Rights did a lot more and continued until the commie loving Dems have over regulated and over legislated private enterprise.

    We became great because of less government not more but you refuse to acknowledge this and claim we are nothing but thieves. You and all the other liberals should be flogged or saying and believing that hog wash. Thank you, thank you very much
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

  9. #152
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Delaware
    Posts
    3,824
    Quote Originally Posted by glennac View Post
    Funny corny you can only say and think negative things about America just like a typical PC anti-American liberal. Sure slavery did contribute but our Constitution with our Bill of Rights did a lot more and continued until the commie loving Dems have over regulated and over legislated private enterprise.
    Over regulated? Did you not watch the vid I posted? The banks did what ever they wanted!
    Always here

  10. #153
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Dacula, GA
    Posts
    12,955
    Quote Originally Posted by energy star View Post
    Over regulated? Did you not watch the video I posted? The banks did what ever they wanted!
    Funny star you have the same problem as corny trashing American freedom and free enterprise. The banks didn't prevent Bill Gates and other entrepreneurs, inventors, etc. from starting companies, marketing their products, inventions, etc.

    Our country achieved the highest standard of living for a large country in spite of the banks and without out an all powerful over regulated government which restricts drilling for oil, mining of coal, uranium, manufacturing products, etc., etc.

    Now we are doomed to destruction with our commie like regulated government where almost no one can start their own business from scratch anymore. Anyone with common sense and not married to a Marxist type government can see that. Thank you, thank you very much
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

  11. #154
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1,269
    Quote Originally Posted by glennac View Post

    Funny star you have the same problem as corny trashing American freedom and free enterprise. The banks didn't prevent Bill Gates and other entrepreneurs, inventors, etc. from starting companies, marketing their products, inventions, etc.

    Our country achieved the highest standard of living for a large country in spite of the banks and without out an all powerful over regulated government which restricts drilling for oil, mining of coal, uranium, manufacturing products, etc., etc.

    Now we are doomed to destruction with our commie like regulated government where almost no one can start their own business from scratch anymore. Anyone with common sense and not married to a Marxist type government can see that. Thank you, thank you very much
    Riiiight...our economy was booming when we were stripping the land of resources that do not replenish quickly....but once we realized that the Earth does not have an infinite supply of these resources something had to give.

    Would you rather be rich and live (barely) on a dead planet? Or be moderately rich and have a home to give to your grandchildren?

    Besides... the government is giving subsidies to uranium miners...over 150k. So how much did that uranium really make us after the taxpayers have to pay for someone's health issues.

  12. #155
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    7,819
    I did some research on Zane Henry, the author of this film. He has 76 other films ranging from weird stuff to stuff...not to say he's not right on but he sure is all over the map.

    Years ago I hired a guy to do some work on my rentals. This guy was brilliant but just out of touch with reality. He could talk about forms of government, great thinkers, poetry, you name it. But all his desire in the world was to have a 6 pack of beer and a smoke after a hard week of work.

    This Zane Herry reminds me of this guy that use to work for me. And we stayed friends for years but he never did anything other than paint rooms inside of houses, drink his beer, smoke his smoke and then he went to russia with a suit case of smokes and purchased himself a wife who could not speak one word of english. And he thought all life was some kind of conspiricy.

    Here is another of his films. He seems to specialize in using bits and pieces of films, put them together while he rambles on about his views and he almost makes it seem believable. And I do believe he easily connects dots together that really don't belong connected but we all wish they were cause it sure would make life easier.

    He does seem to focus on banks and Jewish control in some of his films.

    I think he may be on to something but it might come from smoking it! And that's still not to say he's not on to something.

    Watch this:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOdWmqxr_2s
    "The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers it can bribe the public with the public's own money.
    - Alexis de Toqueville, 1835

  13. #156
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    SE Michigan
    Posts
    18,223
    What do you mean on to something? Everything he said was right on the money..no pun intended. I have read many books on the subject and could not find fault with any of it....including his historical quotes and time references.

    An excellent summary IMO in such little time.
    To put the world in order, we must first put the nation in order; to put the nation in order, we must put the family in order; to put the family in order, we must cultivate our personal life; and to cultivate our personal life, we must first set our hearts right.
    -- Confucius

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 25678910111213 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event