Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jmac00 View Post
    that’s because 20% of the population of Mexifornia is illegal aliens, get rid of them and your problems are solved.
    This might sound familiar but… instead of banning Illegals how about enforcing the laws that are already on the books. Hmm, Where have I heard that before?

Quote Originally Posted by Brian GC View Post
    This might sound familiar but… instead of banning Illegals how about enforcing the laws that are already on the books. Hmm, Where have I heard that before?
    DUH!!!!!
    BEING AN ADULT

is the dumbest thing I have ever done

Deport the illegals first, and then enforce the laws!
    "Politicians are the lowest form of life on Earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician"

- General George S. Patton

Quote Originally Posted by coolwhip View Post
    Deport the illegals first, and then enforce the laws!
    Neither will ever happen. They will milk this state until there is nothing left of it.

There aren't enough taxpayers to fight back anymore.

Who said anything about "banning" them.

If they're illegal, one could conclude that they're already "banned"

I agree that we need to enforce the existing laws. I'd start by loading up C130s full of them and flying them back to Mexico.

Our guns didn't sneak into the country illegally so your typical liberal logic is typically illogical. Go fish.

Enforcing the laws already on the books means keeping everyone out unless they have gone through the proper channels.

Enforcing existing laws means detecting, detaining and deporting illegals.

Enforcing existing laws means the POTUS and his minions enforce the laws of the land.

Quote Originally Posted by hearthman View Post
    Our guns didn't sneak into the country illegally so your typical liberal logic is typically illogical. Go fish.

Enforcing the laws already on the books means keeping everyone out unless they have gone through the proper channels.

Enforcing existing laws means detecting, detaining and deporting illegals.

Enforcing existing laws means the POTUS and his minions enforce the laws of the land.
    uuum ya, we're screwed
    BEING AN ADULT

Quote Originally Posted by jmac00 View Post
    well for one thing, if you forgot to make an insurance payment or if it's late, IF it comes up on the computer, even if you made the payment they will tow your vehicle. The charge maybe dismissed, but you still owe the surcharge and the towing fees.

It use to be the cops had discretion, not any more. The law in NYS is cut and dry. Mostly you loose.
    Yeah sign of the times. I remember when cops had some discretion on what to do with you, it was like they were there to help society run smoother now they are there to uphold the law without regard for anything else. Can't see it getting better with the advent of cellphones that could record their letting someone go.
    Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference. —Mark Twain

Since you want to compare guns to Illegals, let’s:

Quote Originally Posted by hearthman View Post
    Your guns do “sneak” into the hands of criminals, gang members and crazies. Why don’t you just stop that like you’d stop the influx of Illegals?

You’re talking pipe dreams. Since when do you gun guys want to curtail the influx, sales and obtaining of guns? Not all Illegals are involved in other criminal activity just like not all your guns are used for criminal activity. Your answer to gun violence is to sell more guns…a large percentage going straight to the killers.

Enforcing existing laws means detecting, detaining and deporting Illegals.
    Forty percent of all gun purchases are done without background checks. Something that is fine with the gun folks. So illegal aliens are bad but illegal guns are OK. Very logical.

Since you have difficulty following the conversation we were comparing the illegal use of firearms to the illegal use of an automobile. Both require criminal activity. Gun advocates suggest enforcing the gun laws to reduce these crimes. I used the same logic and suggested enforcing DMV laws to reduce illegal driving activity.

In case you haven’t checked lately, it is constitutional that being involved in one crime does not make you guilty of another. Ie, the entire life of an Illegal Alien is not illegal.

Hearthman,
    Since you tout yourself as the logical one - to deport all law abiding Illegal Aliens to reduce DMV lawbreakers you must also agree to outlaw all law abiding gun ownership to reduce gun violence. Since you seem to support taking out the whole to reduce the few let’s start with guns.

Per our conversation: As we know, the term “law abiding” gun owner is in relation to gun laws just like the term “law abiding” Illegal Aliens is in relation to DMV laws…not to other unrelated crimes like sneaking into this country.

BTW – I am not sympathetic to Illegal Aliens. They have hurt my business over the last twenty years probably more than anyone here.

Forty percent of all gun purchases are done without background checks. Something that is fine with the gun folks. So illegal aliens are bad but illegal guns are OK. Very logical.
    UTTER BULLSPIT!

Quote Originally Posted by jpsmith1cm View Post
    UTTER BULLSPIT!
    How do you and the gun folks define a gun purchase?

Hint: Is there a difference to you between a gun purchase, gun transfer, gifting a gun, acquiring (stealing) a gun and smuggling a gun. My comment did not discern between legal and illegal gun “purchases”.

Gun purchases don’t only take place over a counter. They also take place in the back seat of gangbanger’s cars. You have to include those too.

I will add that far more than 50% of all guns are owned or can be accessed by people that never passed a background check. Case in point, me. I bought rifles for my two sons because they were too young to file. Mrs. Lanza did the same thing. When you include all those people that were gifted guns and those that have access to legally and illegally purchased gun, I’d bet the figure has to be near 70%. But what responsible gun owner wants to think that that many guns are available to so many unqualified people? It is easier to argue the subject within the paradigm that you were taught to argue within and call everything else “bullspit”.

How do you and the gun folks define a gun purchase?

Hint: Is there a difference to you between a gun purchase, gun transfer, gifting a gun, acquiring (stealing) a gun and smuggling a gun. My comment did not discern between legal and illegal gun “purchases”.

Gun purchases don’t only take place over a counter. They also take place in the back seat of gangbanger’s cars. You have to include those too.

I will add that far more than 50% of all guns are owned or can be accessed by people that never passed a background check. Case in point, me. I bought rifles for my two sons because they were too young to file. Mrs. Lanza did the same thing. When you include all those people that were gifted guns and those that have access to legally and illegally purchased gun, I’d bet the figure has to be near 70%. But what responsible gun owner wants to think that that many guns are available to so many unqualified people? It is easier to argue the subject within the paradigm that you were taught to argue within and call everything else “bullspit”.
    wth, just keep picking numbers, any number will do.

Lets do back ground checks and car sales to. Just so you do sell a car to someone that doesn't have a license.
    BEING AN ADULT

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast