Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by energy star View Post
    How fast do the rounds come out of those mags?
    How fast can you can squeeze the trigger?

Quote Originally Posted by the dangling wrangler View Post
    Go with the Beta 100 rounder. Buy one now if you're going to. I paid more than $700 for mine when the last ban was in effect.

http://www.betaco.com/
    Sure glad they are not sold to bad guys.
    Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference. —Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by the dangling wrangler View Post
    Go with the Beta 100 rounder. Buy one now if you're going to. I paid more than $700 for mine when the last ban was in effect.

http://www.betaco.com/

I don't own one, I really have no desire to have one. I heard the drums tend to jam up with alarming regularity.

I'll just stick with the "little Mags"
    BEING AN ADULT

is the dumbest thing I have ever done

Quote Originally Posted by jmac00 View Post
    look up the laws cited, it's listed on everyone of those?
    It has been my observation that when penalties are cited they are quoting the maximum penalty, which is only applicable to multiple, repeat offenders. First offenses for law abiding citizens are usually a slap on the wrist and probation…and of course a “small fee”.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian GC View Post
    It has been my observation that when penalties are cited they are quoting the maximum penalty, which is only applicable to multiple, repeat offenders. First offenses for law abiding citizens are usually a slap on the wrist and probation…and of course a “small fee”.
    which makes this law worse. Simply owning a "high capacity" magazine will get you a few years in jail. It does not need to have bullets in it. You don't even have to own a firearm that it will fit in.

Just having a piece of metal or plastic that holds more than ten rounds will get you put in jail.

so your right, I could beat the crap out of someone and just get a slap on the wrist. But own a piece of plastic and your history.
    BEING AN ADULT

Simply owning a "high capacity" magazine will get you a few years in jail.
    That penalty won’t be handed down to a first offending, law abiding citizen. It won’t happen nor will a judge have the authority to enforce that penalty. Nor do states have the extra capacity in their prisons for those people. Prison is only for those that spit in the judge’s face, ie, repeat offenders.

So Byron is an attorney now?
    "Politicians are the lowest form of life on Earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician"

- General George S. Patton

That penalty won’t be handed down to a first offending, law abiding citizen. It won’t happen nor will a judge have the authority to enforce that penalty. Nor do states have the extra capacity in their prisons for those people. Prison is only for those that spit in the judge’s face, ie, repeat offenders.
    to late, all ready happened last year. I guy was caught with a three Post '94 Thirty round mags, before the Safe act. he's facing 5 years in jail.

He just had magazines, no weapon.
    BEING AN ADULT

Don't worry, apparently it is illegal for the cops, too.

to late, all ready happened last year. I guy was caught with a three Post '94 Thirty round mags, before the Safe act. He’s facing 5 years in jail.

He just had magazines, no weapon.
    Are you saying he is a first-time, law abiding offender, that has no priors or criminal rap sheet and he actually got sentenced and is doing five years in prison for the possession of those mags? If so, please give me his name or a link for those details.

Are you saying he is a first-time, law abiding offender, that has no priors or criminal rap sheet and he actually got sentenced and is doing five years in prison for the possession of those mags? If so, please give me his name or a link for those details.

http://www.wwnytv.com/news/local/LeR...185853881.html

http://forums.gunbroker.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=588288

I don't know if he has been jailed yet
    BEING AN ADULT

What are you gunna do? write a liberal letter to the prosecutor and sign it Jane?
    "Politicians are the lowest form of life on Earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician"

- General George S. Patton

I doubt that guy’s lawyer has even spoken to the Persecutor yet. IOW, he doesn’t even know what charges he’s actually facing…let alone jail time.

So little is known about this guy that it isn’t even worth repeating. IMO, if he gets jail time, it won’t be for this lone offense.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast