Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian GC View Post
    No. I think when a law is not enforced right in your face it is no longer a law that should be respected.

To hold the Illegals more responsible to the adherence of the law than the Feds is not right IMO. We have taught them to come here with impunity. We have no laws in effect to stop them and we blame them?
    who's this *we* crap, pale face.
    The Last four letters

American = I Can, Republican = I Can, Democrats = Rats

any questions

Quote Originally Posted by jmac00 View Post
    who's this *we* crap, pale face.
    'We' as in the United States. "We' as in both elected Parties.

This works both ways but on this forum you are bombarded with Liberal bashing so it’s more apparent in this direction. The way I see it is the Republican Party gives you guys a poster of Obama, a handful of darts and tells you to go in that room over there and throw away, as though that is suppose to make you feel better. And the pitiful thing is, it works.

'We' as in the United States. "We' as in both elected Parties.

This works both ways but on this forum you are bombarded with Liberal bashing so it’s more apparent in this direction. The way I see it is the Republican Party gives you guys a poster of Obama, a handful of darts and tells you to go in that room over there and throw away, as though that is suppose to make you feel better. And the pitiful thing is, it works.
    excuse me, YOU'RE the one with a semi-illegal alien problem. Not *we*,

handful of darts??? we're conservatives, we use guns? you can't even get a metaphor right
    The Last four letters

American = I Can, Republican = I Can, Democrats = Rats

any questions

OK, since I am so lost and you guys are so clear on this how about answering a few questions about it?

You guys use this term ‘law abiding gun owners’ all the time to describe the good folks that can be trusted with their guns. Well what laws are you referring to? Gun laws, tax laws, traffic laws, Federal laws, immigration laws, child support laws, state laws, county laws, city codes? What?

Can one of you good old boys get caught driving with a little too high blood alcohol, take the DUI and still be considered a ‘law abiding gun owner’? Bet you could.

Truth is, you probably throw that term out and don’t even know what it refers to (just like you don’t know what a ‘gun purchase’ refers to.) To you guys it probably means that you never shot anyone with your gun or held up a store with it. It probably doesn’t refer to the “law abide ness” of the rest of your lives. So in all truthfulness a person could never break a single law to be considered a “law abiding gun owner”. Very unlikely scenario.

So if you want to insist that an Illegal Alien’s entire life is illegal then there is no such thing as a ‘law abiding gun owner.’
    An illegal immigrant's entire life isn't illegal, just their status in this country.

Thus, their job is illegal, their housing is illegal, just about everything about their life IN THIS COUNTRY is illegal.

I'd be quite willing to bet that the "law abiding" gun owners, at least those that I'm referring to, abide by ALL laws.

I'm not a speeder, a tax-cheat, a drunkard, a pot-head, a dead-beat dad, a thief, or any other sort of law-breaker.

Maybe I'm just a boring guy.

No. I think when a law is not enforced right in your face it is no longer a law that should be respected.

To hold the Illegals more responsible to the adherence of the law than the Feds is not right IMO. We have taught them to come here with impunity. We have no laws in effect to stop them and we blame them?
    Actually, Brian is making a good point, here.

Illegal immigration is a HUGE problem. It's a massive drain on resources in this country and a problem that needs to be resolved and NOT by some idiotic amnesty program or by turning our back and ignoring it.

Now, that doesn't mean that illegal immigrants are not illegal, it means that the law isn't enforced and, therefore, the illegals stay here because nobody is making them leave or keeping them out.

Just like many firearms laws aren't enforced. Remember Drunk Uncle Joe telling us that they didn't have the time or the resources to enforce CURRENT federal gun laws but that we needed more of them?

Speaking to the blame portion of your comment, I don't BLAME the illegals. I BLAME the federal government for not enforcing the laws of our country. I BLAME the federal government for creating a place that lures these deadbeats and criminals like ants to honey.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678