Dumb question: How to size and install replacement compressor

Yes- I am a ordinary plebian and do not have a ton of HVAC experience. So be easy on me. I usually work on small engines and cars. But anyway, I need to replace the ancient compressor in a 1940 era fridge because the starter coil is burned up in the original.

The ratings on the original are as follows:
    1/8 hp
    150 low
    202 high
    1.75 lbs of refrigerant capacity

So- dumb question: When I look for a replacement, what am I looking for? hp rating? So if for example I got a 1/8 hp compressor, would this work? What about capacity and BTUs? Not sure how to determine this as the fridge doesn't mention any of that.

I'm going to have someone come and evac the system and do a flush before I do anything. But after that, assuming I find the right compressor, would the original cooling loop work in this situation? Anyway, I'm just trying to get my ducks in a row before I get started

Have the person doing the evac and so called flush do it all including getting you a compressor that will work . It does not sound like you have the background for what your attempting .

Welcome to HVAC-Talk.com! A Non-DIY Site

The purpose of HVAC-Talk.com is to provide a fun meeting and learning place for people with an interest in the HVAC/R Industry. Note that while all are welcome, our primary interest is in serving the HVAC Pro and the related industry. This is a site for the industry professional, constructed by and run by industry professionals..

Caution - HVAC-Talk.com is a moderated site. Moderators will delete and edit posts in an effort to keep the site free of flame wars, insults, crude language, and advertising or off-topic replies. Please be polite, professional and helpful in your replies.

Equipment Owners- Guests are allowed to post questions to our industry professionals relating to help with your existing issues or future equipment strategies. You may do so within the AOP Forum. AOP stands for Ask Our Pro. You will find a section for residential, commercial as well as other topics. This is an open forum where a Guest may interact with our Professional Members. This is the only area open for posting by our Guests for equipment information. Note- This is not a DIY site. We will only answer questions as regulated by our AOP Committee. Please read the AOP rules before posting or your thread may be removed.
    Officially, Down for the count

YOU HAVE TO GET OFF YOUR ASS TO GET ON YOUR FEET

I know enough to know, I don't know enough
    Liberalism-Ideas so good they mandate them

ah ha. Ok, well in that case I reckon I'll find another forum.
    Thanks anyway.