Thread: Flotronic Monitor Software

Post Likes

Flotronic Monitor Software

I'm looking for the illusive "flotronic monitor" software, I have 2 older flotronics machines that I recently took over the maintenance on and both units have dropped several compressors over the years. recently changed 2 compressors on 'b' circuit but can't get circuit restarted, changed out EXV, circuit board and sensors. I need to be able to look at what is really happening on the board. The "a" circuit is jumpered out because the oil pump died in the A1 compressor and I have to get the "b" circuit running before I can tear into the "A" circuit.

As far as the machines go one is a 30GT170 and the other is a 30GB150 with 1500 step exv's.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    JIM

Post Likes

Flowtronic program

Send me your e-mail

Post Likes

Smile Most common problems on 30GB/GT

Hi,
    You probably have found out how smart the main board is. The board looks at the safties before start-up and will not allow start-up if the oil pressure switch is made on the lead compressor. Same goes if any of the other safties are jumped or in the wrong position before start-up. Which board did you replace? If it is the main board there is a jumper that must be installed on the new microprocessor that was not needed on the old board. There is a Carrier Bullitien covering that issue. Early flotronics had discharge gas temperature sensors that would open while running, contactors that had the shellac coating that is located between the iron surfaces sticking together causing the compressor to run after pumpdown until it burned up, sensors that would drift out a couple of degrees causing the superheat to go so low that the compressors would show no oil pressure due to liquid droplets in the oil.
    The configuration header from the main processor board must be installed on the new board....
    Hope this is helpful.

Post Likes

flotronic monitor software

Tomt
    I read that you might know where to get software for a 30gb. I've lost my copy and a coworker having problems with his chiller.
    Thanks

Post Likes
    Believe it or not I work for carrier and can't seem to get this software.
    Refer all arguments to the wife, she's better at it.
    www.fairtax.org

Post Likes

30GB software

I have the complete setup . Sofware runs on dos and you may need windows 98 or 2000 to run it. Also need a telabyte converter, transformer & some adapters to connect. Do a search on previous posts and you will find valuable info on this issue

Post Likes

are they air cooled condensers?

had a job in miami with 3-80 ton (30gt080's) chillers with air cooled condensers, tons of repairs were always needed

i tried for years to get the owners to replace the condenser coils which were deteriorated due to salt air (close to the beach)

finally after numerous compressor changeouts i got the ok to replace condenser coils

replaced condenser coils using epoxy coated coils on all 3-80 tonners, those systems purred like kittens for years after that

of course occasionally thermisters needed to be replaced.

and i rebuilt a few mechanically faulty exv's which would cause lockouts due to slow stepping exv piston

the way that carrier mounts the aircooled condenser coils allow for quick coil deterioration

Post Likes
    I have a customer with two 30GB100-650's serial 5090F43465. I really need that software if you help me out. These chillers are a bear without that software, I had it 15 years ago but lost it.
    Thanks, Bryan

Post Likes

flotronic

need e-mail address. will not let me attach file

Post Likes

Post Likes
    Can I get the name of this software. I have service tool IV for DOS, but know nothing of a telabyte converter.
    Refer all arguments to the wife, she's better at it.
    www.fairtax.org

Post Likes

Re 30GB Flotronic chiller

I got this software from Carrier training dept. late 90s. Don't know the name. Its only good for the two digit flotronics with the 750 step EXVs. To interface with the GB processor you need the Telabyte converter.

Post Likes

Flotronic software

Just picked up an account with a couple flotronics. Can anyone help me out with that software. Ive tried gettting it from Carrier but they seemed lost. Any help would be appreciated. My email is tonys_baseball@yahoo.com.

Thanks

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by tony87 View Post
    Just picked up an account with a couple flotronics. Can anyone help me out with that software. Ive tried gettting it from Carrier but they seemed lost. Any help would be appreciated. My email is tonys_baseball@yahoo.com.

Thanks
    The attached file is actually fm.exe so copy it and change the .doc to .exe then run the program from DOS. It will run in a DOS box, dont know if comms works under windows!!

It is a Flotronic anyliser that allows to see all operating parameters. It also requires a current loop convertor for the comms side of things Telebyte model 65 or black box also makes one.

First contact Telebyte @ 800-835-3298. Order a M/N 65A or you can go to their website ( http://www.telebyteusa.com ) and order it. It is an external powered Ground Loop Converter. Power it up per the directions in the box.

When you start Flotronic Manager, on the first page on the right side it tells you how to connect. You're going to connect from plug J8 on the Flotronic to the Telebyte 4-20 GLC so follow that connection diagram. Connect two wires to your 6 pin plug at pin number 3 and 6 then connect the other end to your GLC at C+ and C-. Don't worry, everything is labeled. It sounds harder than it really is.

Once you get wired, just plug in your 6 pin connector onto plug J8 on the board and plug your GLC into your laptop. I use a 25 X 9 pin converter then a gender bender to get to my serial port.

Fill in M/N and S/N and your name for operator ID then make sure all your configurations are correct then press Enter. If you are communication correctly, the cursor will rotate every few seconds.

It shows Entering Water Temp, Leaving Water Temp, Leaving Water Setpoint, Cir A and B Ret Gas Tmp, Sat Sct Tmp,Superheat, EXV Calibration, EXV actual Position, Sat Cond Tmp, Liq Line Sol, and if your oil pressure switch is made. It shows which compressors are running: A1 A2 A3 A4 B1 B2 B3 B4.It also shows which fans are running on Cir A and Cir B. It also shows any alarms. Like I said, its a great little program. You see exactly what the microprocessor is seeing.

I have successfully run this program on Windows Vista 32 bit version so it should be backward compatable with other versions as well. I do also have Windows 7 64 bit version, but it will NOT run on that version.

Hope this helps

Ronnie

Attachment 204792
    Last edited by morrisr3nd; 08-11-2011 at 10:31 PM. Reason: **More useful information**

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in