Lon to Trane IntelliPak

Lon to Trane IntelliPak

have a job that my boss wants to do this. 6 or so rooftops that he wants to bring back to a WEBS frontend. also some vav's that we will but Honeywell onto.

What is involved in installing the Trane Lon boards on the AHU's? Does Trane need to do this or can I? Is there any Firmware update's that Trane needs to do?

Do the Lon cards work very well or should i just use the BAS interface card (GMAB?).

thanks

dave

If the units are Intellipacks you will need to order LCI-I boards, also order hardware to install boards you will save yourself from a lot of trouble. Then you will need to go to setup on Display and tell the unit that it has Lon board. My assumption is there is no another Trane control board in the unit.
    Then you need XIF files, I don't belive this is Lonmark sertified board so that what you'll need from trane office. Just keep in mind that LON is carrying huge number of useless points so you will need to find how you are going to control the unit which points to control and verify on the diplay of the unit that you are controlling right points.

You will need to install the LCI-I card yourself.

Webs AX already has the correct .lnml file, just create a new dynamic device, then for the Lon XML File choose: LciI80002A560A030402.lnml
    Open the device and look at the points folder, you will see all the points exposed to you.

If anyone is interested in seeing the lovely trane points...
    Attached Images Attached Images

thanks, is there a cutoff point to when the units will be able to take these boards? i know they are intelipak's but not sure of the age of the units.

dave

Install the LCI-I cards. Modify the configuration in the Configuration menu. The rest is up to you. XIF's can be found at Lonmark.org. You'll need the document posted by Codewriter.

This information applies to: INTELLIPAK ROOFTOP 20-130

To install a LCI in an existing unit:
    Intellipak Rooftop Units or Air Handlers must have the following software versions for proper LCI-I operation:
    RTM Version 20.05 or greater
    HI Version 26.04 or greater
    VOM Version 2.0 or greater (this is an optional module)

To verify software versions, press the CONFIGURATION button on the human interface, then press the NEXT button until the software revision screens are displayed. If the version displayed is the same or higher than the version listed above, then the unit is compatible. If the version number is lower, some unit functionality may be lost and module change(s) are required. Units with design sequence 5 (20-75 ton) or X (90-130 ton) or greater are shipped with compatible modules. The design sequence is the 10th digit of the model number.

The .lnml file in AX is using the latest .xif already, so you wont need it.

AX uses a .lnml file instead of a .xif file
    .LNML stands for LON XML file.
    There is a LON XML tool in AX as well, so if you only have the .xif, you can convert it to a .LNML file. This is how you integrate with LON devices that are not already prebuilt into AX. If the device your not using does not have a .xif file available, and AX does not have a .LNML file prebuilt for it already, you have to use the "learn" function which will learn the nv's from the controller itself.

thanks guys. i have 10 years backtalk/ALerton experience but this honeywell/Lon stuff is a rough learning curve for me.

dave

Once you get past the initial "WTF AM I SUPPOSED TO DO AGAIN?", you will see how wonderful it can be.

Ask anything you dont understand here, lots of people, one of them is bound to know the answer. There are quite a few people here with AX experiance as well.

BTW, I see your in NE Maryland. Mind if I ask for whom you work for? Or do you do any work in the DC area?

Quote Originally Posted by codewriter View Post
    The .lnml file in AX is using the latest .xif already, so you wont need it.

AX uses a .lnml file instead of a .xif file
    .LNML stands for LON XML file.
    There is a LON XML tool in AX as well, so if you only have the .xif, you can convert it to a .LNML file. This is how you integrate with LON devices that are not already prebuilt into AX. If the device your not using does not have a .xif file available, and AX does not have a .LNML file prebuilt for it already, you have to use the "learn" function which will learn the nv's from the controller itself.
    In LNS Lonworks you can export as XML so you can always get the information you need.

It's the way things will be done.

Not sure what you mean there sys?

AX lets you export as .pdf, .csv, .txt, or even OBIX.

You can see how the .pdf export looks in my previous post.

i used to work for Advanced Power Control, just started with Energy Transfer Solutions (www.etsi-online.com). were are a equipment rep and a Honeywell Controls rep. I'm the only person who knows anything about controls, and the only field guy, project manager, start-up, ect. it's pretty hectic right now.

didn't know honeywell was so confusing till i came here

dave

Confused

Quote Originally Posted by sysint View Post
    In LNS Lonworks you can export as XML so you can always get the information you need.

It's the way things will be done.
    Sorry, but I could'nt found such a program or particulars in Lonworks pathes? Please let me know a reference how to find. With kind regards