Thread: I'm just a homeowner and I'm here trying to increase my knowledge

Post Likes

I'm just a homeowner and I'm here trying to increase my knowledge

We're in Savannah and beginning the process of building new home. So early in the process we haven't contacted an architect or narrowed down a builder, but we want to go high efficiency. Considering a sealed attic and I'm here hoping to gain some knowledge to help in selecting a HVAC installer.

This is a very interesting and informative website. Thanks to all who contribute.
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by wensteph View Post
    We're in Savannah and beginning the process of building new home. So early in the process we haven't contacted an architect or narrowed down a builder, but we want to go high efficiency. Considering a sealed attic and I'm here hoping to gain some knowledge to help in selecting a HVAC installer.

This is a very interesting and informative website. Thanks to all who contribute.
    You have some challenges ahead. Include fresh make-up air ventilation as part of your package. Also you will need a whole house dehumidifier to provide <50%RH during low/no cooling load conditions. Ask about the Ultra-Aire system which has a fresh air ventilation/filtering option which is well suited for the that humid green grass climates.
    Keep us posted on the any upcomming questions.
    There are many well qualified a/c contractors in the area.
    Regards TB
    Bear Rules: Keep our home <50% RH summer, controls mites/mold and very comfortable.
    Provide 60-100 cfm of fresh air when occupied to purge indoor pollutants and keep window dry during cold weather. T-stat setup/setback +8 hrs. saves energy
    Use +Merv 10 air filter. -Don't forget the "Golden Rule"
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in