Skills USA 2013-Post Secondary

Skills USA 2013-Post Secondary

Okay well I took the 2 year HVAC/R class in high school, and competed at Skills USA. I won first in the state of Mississippi and received a scholarship. I competed at National competition and got 19 out of 30(on the high school level). I think that was pretty decent considering I had little field experience then. Now, I have been working at a Air-Conditioning company in my area for about 7 months. I have done installs, ductwork, service calls, the whole nine yards. I also do A/C work on the side for my family's appliance business. My brazing skills are pretty good as well. Everyone at work brags on me and expects a lot from me. I have competition again for state on the 26th of this month. I am not nervous, but I just need some advice. Is the national competition going to be any different then 3 years ago? And what can I do to be #1? I have goals to win National competition and going to world competition to win that as well. Also, I have more experience and knowledge then everyone in the HVAC/R classes at my school which is between 60 and 75 people. Out of 4 classes, 1st semester, 2nd semester, 3rd semester, and 4th semester. I was raised in a family business so I know how to respect customers and do the job they paid for in a professional manner. I have always been a hard worker. Any ideas/advice? Anything would be great. Thank you for reading.

P.S.- I have already received a job offer through a union working for Johnson Controls, but I have to check my options first after I win some more gold metals.

-Buzzby

Always be humble,, And edit your profile. Too much info. You work for a company where nepotism matters first. There is no reason for me to know that.
    Unfortunately your apreciated now but down the road You will be considered a threat. Glad im not working by highway 63.

Be humble "I have more experience and knowledge then everyone in the HVAC/R classes at my school which is between 60 and 75 people." Trust me when the others on this forum wake up and reply they will not be that friendly.
    If U told me that in a interview I would say congrats but how come You did better. Give me the numbers of the other students that U tried to help and tutor I want to call them. If u have no numbers to give me I would say Ill get back too U. If you did give me numbers I would call them in front of U. Good feed back good Pay.

Don't get me wrong congratulations on your accomplishments but there is more jealousy in this world than support.

fyi u cant edit till after 7 post so start typing.

Fyi j?? controls tried to hire me on site of a job,, and the polite response I gave was a mastercard moment (priceless)when I said no,, Hard to be appreciated in large companies dime a dozen
    Customer is alWays opposite of Left

You are good,, removed it quick. The future is open source goog rasberry PI,, audrino. Im sure you would be first in class in any trade. Trust me my college friends still paying loans r asking me for jobs. You cant mail cold air.

Yeah, I understand. I appreciate it, Im not used to these forum things i guess.

Apply that to facb00k,ttwitter,,etc:: and use different user names. So many people on this site have nothing in there profile but I just google there user name and find them on Mylife,,instagram,, twitter,, where they do have a profile. My concern was that You said I do side work. That can come back to you down the road. Even if the company you work for now allows it. Five years from now you never no. But you do now.