A Leg Up

Thread: A Leg Up

A Leg Up

The man has a point....

Leonard Wilson of Riddle, Oregon wrote the following letter to the Public Forum section of his local newspaper.

Don’t help people sit on their rears

I have a question, not only for Douglas County, but for the entire state of Oregon. Like a lot of folks in this state, I have a job. I work, they pay me. I pay my taxes and the government distributes my taxes as they see fit. In order for me to get that paycheck, I am required to pass a random urine test, which I have no problem with.

What I do have a problem with is the distribution of my taxes to people who don’t have to pass a urine test. Shouldn’t one have to pass a urine test to get a welfare check, because I have to pass one to go earn it for them?

Please understand, I have nothing against helping people get back on their feet. I do, on the other hand, have a problem with helping somone sit on their butt. Could you imagine how much money the state would save if people had to pass a urine test to get a public assistance check?
    The views and opinions posted here are my own. They do not reflect the corporate policies of my employer and will most likely get me fired at some point.

Yep.... Ive heard that same comment many places and many times but the government probably will never do it.

They would be discriminating against drug users.....~:>

Drug addiction is a disabilty....

Its a shame... If you were to deny these people funds or housing based on their drug addiction there would be the children of these sorry *******s that would be the ones to suffer..........

Whenever we see a drug bust here in town...or a meth lab busted...you always finding starving kids....Ive personally seen people who would buy drugs before feeding their own kids......

We had one girl busted here last year in public housing... drug addict... she got caught when her preschool children got out of the house and went begging for food...... they found drugs and cigarettes in the house but no food....

Imagine being a cop in that situation.... I couldnt do it but one time.....Id be in jail for murder after that........

I agree with Corny. It would be a good idea to do that, but will never be implemented.

Yep.... Ive heard that same comment many places and many times but the government probably will never do it.

They would be discriminating against drug users.....~:>

Drug addiction is a disabilty....

I don't know your personal philosophy on this, corny, but drug addiction is not a disability. It is a choice made before it became a problem...sorta like choosing to play basketball in the freeway during rush hour. Not a problem till ya get hit. A disability results but the disability was not the cause.

Its a shame... If you were to deny these people funds or housing based on their drug addiction there would be the children of these sorry *******s that would be the ones to suffer..........

Whenever we see a drug bust here in town...or a meth lab busted...you always finding starving kids....Ive personally seen people who would buy drugs before feeding their own kids......

We had one girl busted here last year in public housing... drug addict... she got caught when her preschool children got out of the house and went begging for food...... they found drugs and cigarettes in the house but no food....

Exactly right. So what diff does it make whether funds are cut off? The kids still suffer...AND the government is now an enabler.

Imagine being a cop in that situation.... I couldnt do it but one time.....Id be in jail for murder after that........

Hey! You and I agree on something. Miracles DO happen.
    No reserve. No retreat. No regrets.

For those who have fought for it, freedom has a sweetness the protected will never know.

http://www.airwarvietnam.com/16thSOSGunners2.jpg

Proud member of KA Club

I do not think its a diisability but many in the health care field do and many advocates for drug addicts have convinced the government it is.

There are too many foundations and organizations and advocates for these drug addicts...its the healthcare field... they make money off these druggies...and its easier to score government funding to treat or care for these jackasses if drug abuse is considered a mental illness instead of just plain laziness...

Exactly. And that's exactly the reason Teddy and his ilk should be shot. The MA idiots voters don't have a clue.
    No reserve. No retreat. No regrets.

For those who have fought for it, freedom has a sweetness the protected will never know.

http://www.airwarvietnam.com/16thSOSGunners2.jpg

Proud member of KA Club

Well, some do. But we are vastly outnumbered.
    "Social networking" is an oxymoron.

I don't think tax money should be spent on drugs. Anyone living on welfare should have to pass a drug test or show proof that they are currently active in a treatment program and have no evidence of recent drug use. If they are on drugs and welfare, then our tax money is just being used to buy them.
    Never knock on Death's door. Ring the bell and run, he hates that.

Views expressed here are my own and not neccessarily those of any company I am affiliated with.