Is the hvac calc 4.0 residential load programm worth the money?

Originally posted by edmond
    Is the hvac calc 4.0 residential load programm worth the money?
    Is the sun going to rise in the morning ?

If you haven't taken the program for a test drive by all means do so then come back and answer your own post...

You can down load a trial right here http://www.hvac-calc.com/main.asp

There isn't a load program out there that can come close to ease of use and functionality! HVAC Computer provides some fo the best technical support if needed you can find....

Money just doesn't buy support like HVAC-Calc... It just happens to come with the product... With that product you get Don Sleeth 1000% in your corner when you need it most...
    AllTemp Heating & Cooling

Ummmmm. Yes it's worth the coin. (Besides, Don has to make a living )

I just added it to my new laptop and am doing a load as we "type". It's a great tool to have.

I recently purchased HVAC-Calc and love it. It was well worth the money. It is easy to use and doesn't take long. I have nice reports to give to my customers and it also separates me from the rule of thumb competition. I also have piece of mind knowing I did not over or under size a unit, and that means happy customers. Give it a try , you will not be disappointed.

Originally posted by rew
    I recently purchased HVAC-Calc and love it. It was well worth the money. It is easy to use and doesn't take long. I have nice reports to give to my customers and it also separates me from the rule of thumb competition. I also have piece of mind knowing I did not over or under size a unit, and that means happy customers. Give it a try , you will not be disappointed.

How much did Don pay you to say that?

Just kidding

I've done a good dozen or more loads with the program now. I'm getting faster at it.

infwsdm, actually I had to pay him. Doesn't seem fair does it. I also am kidding!!!! By the way what does infwsdm stand for? Infinite wisdom or what?

Originally posted by rew
    Infinite wisdom

You got it! Wishful thinking, huh?

Cool!!

I have used two other programs before investing in HVAC-Calc. part of my business is to advise builders how to make homes more energy efficient. HVAC-Calc is the best tool I have found, due to it's easy to use format, and features. A computer program is only as good as it's support, and I have called Don on several occasions and always recieved the information I needed. In fact a HVAC friend is coming by today to look at the program. Don, let me know what my commisson is---just kidding!

In all honesty, this is not the easiest program I have used, THE FIRST TIME. After you get started it is probably the easiest. Technical support deserves some kind of award. DELL got an award and Don is 10 times better. Don is always there you never get put on hold and he never blames your computer or tells you it is a virus. I think that is in the script DELL's tech support are required to use.
    If the superheat ain't right it ain't charged right.