Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    On Yorks the lowest you can run condenser water is 15 degrees above leaving chilled water setpoint. Anything below that the oil usually doesn't come back, especially at part load.

Edit: auto correct wreaks havoc on anything technical I try to post from my phone.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by Random1634 View Post
    On Yorks the lowest you can run condenser water is 15 degrees above leaving chilled water setpoint. Anything below that the oil usually doesn't come back, especially at part load.
    Not true, but if you want to run at 15*F above CHW setpoint that's fine. I've had chillers running with condenser water as low as 10*F above leaving CHW temperature. Oil return is generally not a problem with York chillers and it improves as the PRV go toward closed. The only problem I experienced running cold condenser water temperatures was a slightly elevated oil temperature because there wasn't enough differential pressure to feed the oil cooler properly.

15 above was always what I was told to go for from the factory , most likely because of those oil temp issues you mentioned. I never really pushed it but obviously it can be done as seen in the OP's picture. The only time I really see oil problems on Yorks are when they stay unloaded.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12