Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Likes

Dashmount for SmartPhone

Can anyone recommend a decent mount - by that I mean something that will stay put on the dash or windshield but also easily removable when needed - for a smart phone. I have a Samsung Note 4 so it need to be able to hold a phone that size. I got the phone at Costco and it came with a free dashmount but it is turning out to be a POS. At the beginning it was not great -it would hold on firmly but would lose suction after a while. I managed to get by with it but now I just cannot get it to work at all.

Any suggestions on models to look at for replcement would be helpful.

Post Likes
    Got one at Walmart that wasnt expensive but works.suction cup type to window.its out at the plane so can't tell u brand

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by oldguy1949 View Post
    Got one at Walmart that wasnt expensive but works.suction cup type to window.its out at the plane so can't tell u brand
    Plane???

Post Likes
    In airplane at my hanger
    I use my iphone as backup gps

Post Likes
    In airplane at my hanger
    That's useful to know your model works on planes. I fly 172s and my existing mount kept coming the windshield from time to time. I also use it as a backup as most planes I fly have the Garmin 430s installed.

If you can post the model when you get to it, it would be useful. I will check what they have at Walmart.

Post Likes
    how many tools can you put in it for service calls...& how much for parking......just wondering......Jack
    B[COLOR=a friend is one who knows us , but loves us anyway

7. Likes davidj001 liked this post
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by rojacman View Post
    how many tools can you put in it for service calls...
    As many as will fit before it crashes
    “I haven’t failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.” - Thomas Edison

“It’s not whether you get knocked down, it’s whether you get up.” - Vince Lombardi

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by rojacman View Post
    how many tools can you put in it for service calls...& how much for parking......just wondering......Jack
    Quite a few actually.
    I have done several calls across Texas to fix some local halfa&@ job & was recommended for the fix.
    Also went & looked at several jobs to bid & some were pretty good $

Post Likes
    Check out ram mounting systems. I have the X type mount on my note 4 for my rzr. Barrel rolled it and it stayed mounted without issue.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    In a 172 it is generally a few hundred lbs of payload but you need to do a proper W&B calc to be sure since the distribution of the weight is important. If you put lots of weight in the baggage hold and one pilot who is light the CG may shift back to the point where the plane could become unstable and if for example you stall you may not be able to lower the nose and will remain in the stall and end up crashing tail first.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by chippert View Post
    Check out ram mounting systems. I have the X type mount on my note 4 for my rzr. Barrel rolled it and it stayed mounted without issue.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Thanks - will check that out.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by szw21 View Post
    In a 172 it is generally a few hundred lbs of payload but you need to do a proper W&B calc to be sure since the distribution of the weight is important. If you put lots of weight in the baggage hold and one pilot who is light the CG may shift back to the point where the plane could become unstable and if for example you stall you may not be able to lower the nose and will remain in the stall and end up crashing tail first.
    that would suck
    if corny was a part on a washing machine,,, he'd be the agitator

Post Likes
    In airplane at my hanger
    Went flying today in my C182 and looked at mount. No name just a trademark that looks like an " S " slanted about 45 degrees . Only thing for sure is " Walmart " aviation dept.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast