Thread: New to HVAC world

Post Likes

New to HVAC world

Hi everyone I'm David and I've been a pressman for 14 years and got laid off August of last year so I'm in for new trade. I'm going to charter college in pasco WA and its a really good school. I have just started messing with hvac units. I got my universal last week from hvac excellents. I'm excited about getting into hvac. Any info on it would be much appreciated.

Ttyl David
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

Post Likes
    Welcome here!

Post Likes
    As a fellow "other industry" tech reschooled in HVAC, The info that I have to offer is this: You don't know anything.

I'm almost 2 months in, after a good school, and I STILL don't know anything. I'm learning, though. ;-)

Read, Read, Read, and learn learn learn. That's my plan, and I hope that it will result in my being a counted on Tech within a year or so.

Welcome to the field!

Mark

Post Likes
    Yes welcome.....35 years in trade still learning
    it was working.... played with it.... now its broke.... whats the going hourly rate for HVAC repair

Post Likes
    Oh yea that's for sure:-) That's what I think is cool. I love to learn and I'm so into it that some night I dream of the stuff. I just took electrical and I thought I knew stuff before but dame it just blew my mind:-)

Post Likes
    Read every post on this site. Must turn Pro. And appreciate that your knew trade can never be outsourced. You cant mail/ cold/heat air
    Customer is alWays opposite of Left

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in