Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by ryan1088 View Post
    We live at the Lake of the Ozarks and I drive to Fort Leonard Wood. Columbia is out of control, I don't even like my wife going up there without me. I'm certainly glad I don't live in STL too...
    Good for you, man! I freaking love the Ozarks. Even used to go down to 4 Seasons for a Valentine's weekend package...dinner at HK's; in the dead of winter when nobody's around. LaFatta's deli just down the way.

Then we got hooked up with a place at Indian Hills lake in Cuba, Mo. and haven't been to the Ozarks in some years. I've loved everything about the lake lifestyle since I was a small boy up outside of Brighton/Howell Michigan.

Columbia was gettin' really bad when my daughter was there some years back...a lot different from when my brother attended Mizzou back in the day. Definately have to be careful in certain parts of St. Louis, and we service all zip codes...though some not after dark.

We live very close to the Lodge. You'd be surprised how much has changed if you haven't been here in a while. In the past 8 years that I've lied here nearly everything has changed.

I understand about going to Indian Hills. It's a lot more peaceful and relaxing than the fast pace wild stuff that happens here.

If it made it to a ballot there would be no way it would pass. Other than KC/STL, the rest of the state is very rural and very redneck. Not redneck in a bad way.

Thing is, as we saw in the last presidential election, those in urban areas outnumber those in rural areas, meaning that we, the rural folk have to abide by their wishes.

Be very careful what you wish for in a case like this. The city-idiots could conceivably get enough people to the polls to do this.

I'd be opposed to a direct, democratic vote on it. That isn't the way that our government was designed and created. We're a democratic republic, meaning that we elect representatives to vote for us.

Democracy is little more than mob rule and the intelligence of a mob is notoriously LOW!

Quote Originally Posted by jpsmith1cm View Post
    Thing is, as we saw in the last presidential election, those in urban areas outnumber those in rural areas, meaning that we, the rural folk have to abide by their wishes.

Be very careful what you wish for in a case like this. The city-idiots could conceivably get enough people to the polls to do this.

I'd be opposed to a direct, democratic vote on it. That isn't the way that our government was designed and created. We're a democratic republic, meaning that we elect representatives to vote for us.

Democracy is little more than mob rule and the intelligence of a mob is notoriously LOW!
    While what you say is true, the political balance here has changed since I moved here. KC/STL haven't been able to carry this state as a blue state in the past 3 presidential elections.

Glad I live rural.
    i belong to peta ... people eating tasty animals. all my opinions are just mine.

jpb2......just curious, whats the story with the avatar?

We live very close to the Lodge. You'd be surprised how much has changed if you haven't been here in a while. In the past 8 years that I've lied here nearly everything has changed.

I understand about going to Indian Hills. It's a lot more peaceful and relaxing than the fast pace wild stuff that happens here.
    Yep. That was one reminder I was getting older when I started steering away from the coves and the noise. At Indian Hills they enforce a 7 PM quiet/no wake until 10 AM. Suits me just fine.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12