Gas Fireplace venting Question

I'm working on putting a new natural gas fireplace into an existing firebox. I'm lucky because the gas line was extremely close, the firebox was very large, plus it has a 6" flexible vent which runs up the old chimney. The vertical rise is roughly 25' and it's nearly a perfect straight shot up to the top.

So here's my question. The manufacture indicates I need a 4"/7" venting system (generic double wall config), but I'm guessing I could simple run a 4" down the existing 6" and I'd be safe. I'm a little nervous that I could starve the unit of fresh air, but it's such a low BTU I don't see how this would be a problem. I know the exhaust flue will be the right side so I'm not creating a dangerous situation.

I'm not sure if I've given enough information or not, but I'd be curious to get thoughts.

Thanks

Here are more details.
    Natural Gas
    Max input = 18,000 btu
    Max output = 11,500 btu
    615 aq inch viewing area

You're not going to like this but step away from the fireplace before you blow yourself up. I'm not kidding. From what you've said, you don't have a clue what you're doing and really need to hire a hearth pro to plan and install this for you.

What is the make and model of this fireplace?

Sorry man,