Siemens TEC Application 2050

I've got a few of these that I suspect are wired on opposite DO's from where they should be and it's causing the control to be reversed. Can anyone email me the guide for 2050 that would tell me what values for MTR SETUP and DO DIR.REV are valid and their actions?

The valve should be wired to DO1 and DO2. Keep in mind that the default for Heat/Cool is Cool so the mode needs to be commanded to heat if power is cycled to the TEC. The should be code for setting the mode or using a pipe temperature sensor for change-over.
    For a single valve (one motor) the mtr setup should be "1". To reverse change the mtr setup to "3". The mtr setup represents a binary number. The first digit(most significant digit) is motor 1 enabled. Second digit is motor 1 reversed. If either is true the digit changes from a zero to a one. So for motor enabled and not reversed(10) the total is 1. For motor enabled and reversed (11) the total is 3. Notice that the first digit is either on(1) or off(0) corresponding to a value of either 1 or 0. The second digit is either on(1) or off(0) corresponding to a value of either 2 or 0. So if both digits are on (11) you would add both digits for a total of 3 (1+2=3).
    Don't mess with DO DIR.REV. Leave it at zero unless you are using the DOs for other purposes.
    "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten". --Benjamin Franklin
    "Don't argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". --Mark Twain
    http://www.campbellmechanical.com

Name:  MTR Setup.jpg
Views: 258
Size:  30.3 KB

What are the DO's connected too, what is going on to make you think that?

hiyas air1!
    I'm chuckling over here, your explanation is way more than the OP needed. Obviously you know your stuff, and we have an tech opening here in Iowa, you should apply.
    if you indeed a tech - you might be above that level.
    Dingman from Iowa~
    "A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

The Dingman's webpage, featuring the Ding_Z

Thanks for the compliment Dingman. I think.
    I just started my own little HVAC contacting business here in Oregon so I'm going to give it a year and see how that goes. If it doesn't go well I might be looking for a job in another year. I'll keep you in mind. Thanks.
    "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten". --Benjamin Franklin
    "Don't argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". --Mark Twain

Good to know how the scheme works. I was a little confused about the significant digit being smaller in value when converted to decimal. I believe that the most significant number refers to the left most bit which is the higher number.

Quote Originally Posted by Ithos View Post
    Good to know how the scheme works. I was a little confused about the significant digit being smaller in value when converted to decimal. I believe that the most significant number refers to the left most bit which is the higher number.
    You are correct.

Quote Originally Posted by air1 View Post
    Thanks for the compliment Dingman. I think.
    I just started my own little HVAC contacting business here in Oregon so I'm going to give it a year and see how that goes. If it doesn't go well I might be looking for a job in another year. I'll keep you in mind. Thanks.
    LOL ya, it was a compliment. If you get crazy busy and need a well rounded, experienced tech, let me know. I could be talked into jumping ship - some great recreational activities in your area - way better than here in "50th in the nation for public recreational land" IOWA. Farmers have locked up ALL the land around here.
    Dingman from Iowa~
    "A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

The Dingman's webpage, featuring the Ding_Z