Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Now Aint that Love....ly

If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what will never be. (Thomas Jefferson 1816)

If the place only seats twelve the other ten must have been non-paying Secret Service men. As well as empting out all adjacent businesses.

That guy should just stay home. And do you really think they made him pay?

What's more, he's a salaried employee of the fed. gov't. He gets a paycheck too, and what business is it of ours to say where and with whom he spends it? The implication here is that this dinner was paid for by some misappropriated funds, when you don't know that to be true. It may be true, but no one has any evidence of it one way or the other. This is just baseless hyperbole meant to stir the so-called conservative pot here. Regardless of who paid for the dinner, he's the president! What do YOU think him and Michelle should be having for dinner? Church's fry-chickum and grape drank?
    "There is no greater inequality than the equal treatment of unequals."

-Thomas Jefferson

Oh I dunno know. I've dumped a few C Notes on dinner for two more than once.
    If you can't fix it with JB Weld, Duct Tape, and Ty Wire it has to be replaced.
    No good deed goes unpunished.
    If you want to take off friday to go fishing then make sure you train your helper right.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech Rob View Post
    What's more, he's a salaried employee of the fed. gov't. He gets a paycheck too, and what business is it of ours to say where and with whom he spends it? The implication here is that this dinner was paid for by some misappropriated funds, when you don't know that to be true. It may be true, but no one has any evidence of it one way or the other. This is just baseless hyperbole meant to stir the so-called conservative pot here. Regardless of who paid for the dinner, he's the president! What do YOU think him and Michelle should be having for dinner? Church's fry-chickum and grape drank?
    Don't forget the colla'd green and con bread!

I could care less what he eats or if he payed for himself or not. What I get tired of is all his date nights with Michelle costing me and other tax payers countless 100's of thousands of dollars every year for their flights to New York etc and all the security it takes. All the while, preaching that we all need to "give more" and "everyone is going to feel the pain" while he continues to act as royalty as has no other President before him. Leaders lead, and part of that is by example. Neither of which is he a shinning example of.

And the racial connotations..... to fried chicken etc...... is just a bunch of nonsensical childish jibber jabber.
    If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what will never be. (Thomas Jefferson 1816)

Fried chickenz?...aint nobody got time fo dat!

Quote Originally Posted by Gib's Son View Post
    I could care less what he eats or if he payed for himself or not. What I get tired of is all his date nights with Michelle costing me and other tax payers countless 100's of thousands of dollars every year for their flights to New York etc and all the security it takes. All the while, preaching that we all need to "give more" and "everyone is going to feel the pain" while he continues to act as royalty as has no other President before him. Leaders lead, and part of that is by example. Neither of which is he a shinning example of.
    With the exception of Jimmy Carter all recent presidents have acted as royalty, lavish meals, flights to exotic venues, all with security. It goes with the job. Hell, Bush the Dumber took more vacations than anybody.

Hey, who paid for Nancy's astrologer?

Ok, does the president have a budget? Or, can he spend all he wants on meals, golf, trips, flights, or whatever he deems necessary or wants to do? I know he has a salary but does he just bank it and then charge all his activities to the American people? How does that work? This is a serious question.

Quote Originally Posted by geerair View Post
    With the exception of Jimmy Carter all recent presidents have acted as royalty, lavish meals, flights to exotic venues, all with security. It goes with the job. Hell, Bush the Dumber took more vacations than anybody.

Hey, who paid for Nancy's astrologer?
    Ahh, back to the ole Bushwacking routine. I'm not going to defend Bush as he did allot of crap I did not like. All I can say to that is his vacations were on his ranch, not like Obamas extravaganzas to Hawaii and overseas.

Out of all the above I can't recall any of them preaching to everyone like this 'follow from behind"er.

Regardless....a two wrongs don't make a right argument seems applicable. The Presidency is not a Royalty position, stupid Americans keep allowing it continue and escalate.

Quote Originally Posted by Gib's Son View Post
    Ahh, back to the ole Bushwacking routine. I'm not going to defend Bush as he did allot of crap I did not like. All I can say to that is his vacations were on his ranch, not like Obamas extravaganzas to Hawaii and overseas.
    Yes and Bush drove from D.C. to Texas in his F-150 without his SS detail and entourage.

I believe he went to overseas several times as well.

Hawaii is a state in the United States ya know.

Out of all the above I can't recall any of them preaching to everyone like this 'follow from behind"er.
    All politicians preach. Its in their DNA.

Regardless....a two wrongs don't make a right argument seems applicable. The Presidency is not a Royalty position, stupid Americans keep allowing it continue and escalate.
    Well, write a letter demanding presidents fly coach by themselves on a commercial flight and eat nothing but PB&J sandwiches.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast