Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Missing Documentation Packets with Trane Split Units

I recently purchase a brand new Trane Split AC System, which was brand new in the box. However after opening up the boxes, I can't find any documentation packets. I need the installation instructions, which are in the documentation packet.

Does anyone know how I can get ahold of the documentation packets for Trane units?

I just in the quickstart guide that there is a screw in the documentation packet that I need to secure the coil seal plate to the cross member....am I screwed or is there a way I can install these units without the documentation packets?

Thanks in advance!

Are you a homeowner? where/ how did you purchase these units? Usually the installing contractor gets these documents.

Quote Originally Posted by hearthman View Post
    Are you a homeowner? where/ how did you purchase these units? Usually the installing contractor gets these documents.
    Yes, I'm a home owner. Do the documentation packets usually come inside the units or are they provided separately? I ordered the units from a contractor, but I'm going to do a DIY installation.

Buildingresults read the forum rules. What good are install directions if you don't read them. A heater is not a DIY project.
    Trying not to be a Hack.

Quote Originally Posted by toocoolforschool View Post
    Buildingresults read the forum rules. What good are install directions if you don't read them. A heater is not a DIY project.
    I'm trying to read them and that's why I'm posting here...to learn how to get the actual manuals. They must have been lost during shipping or something because when I opened up the brand new boxes, there was no installation manual inside the boxes.

I've installed two of these before already, but had the installation manuals.

Well an authorized Trane dealer would receive the manuals inside the boxes with his products for HIM to read and install by. Then once installed he leaves those documents with the appliances. Now, if your documents are missing, is the rating plate, too? You see, what you are describing sounds a lot like an unauthorized purchase or purchase of "hot" merchandise. A dealer could always log onto the mfrs. website for dealers and download any documents he needed or get them from his local supplier. Since you state you are now in the business of installing HVAC as a homeowner, I suggest you reconsider your profession and leave it up to those who are qualified, insured and authorized to perform such installations. Even if this is on your own property, there are codes that generally require a licensed pro to do it so you don't endanger yourself or visitors to your house. Your insurance provider would have something to say about it I'm sure.

Since you've already disclosed this is a DIY project....we are forbidden by rules to assist you. If you are a professional, look at the rules for professional membership and apply as a professional. Sorry.
    P.S. As hearthman mentioned, you may actually be purchasing stolen property. If in doubt, copy the model and serial numbers and put in a call to Trane.

Quote Originally Posted by wahoo View Post
    Since you've already disclosed this is a DIY project....we are forbidden by rules to assist you. If you are a professional, look at the rules for professional membership and apply as a professional. Sorry.
    P.S. As hearthman mentioned, you may actually be purchasing stolen property. If in doubt, copy the model and serial numbers and put in a call to Trane.
    Got it. Thank you hearthman for taking the time to explain things. These are not stolen units and I have a receipt....they were just missing the manuals.

go back to the seller they can order you a set of documents .ihave opened hundreds of trane boxes and never have they been missing,i have found them in the blower on several units and in the heat exchanger on one unit after it smoked up the house
    We really need change now

"in the heat exchanger on one unit after it smoked up the house "
    that sounds like a good story.
    The cure of the part should not be attempted without the cure of the whole. ~Plato

Quote Originally Posted by catmanacman View Post
    go back to the seller they can order you a set of documents .ihave opened hundreds of trane boxes and never have they been missing,i have found them in the blower on several units and in the heat exchanger on one unit after it smoked up the house
    thank you catmanacman!

This forum actually encourages me to try to get into the business. I actually find it very satisfying to play around with AC systems....not sure why, but the mix of design, mechanical, and helping people stay comfortable is very appealing to me. I don't know what it's like from a business standpoint...but I know that it's pretty fun, especially when you get good results!

Don't forget to register your unit with Trane or your warranty will be cut in half. On the other hand if you do and a qualified contractor didn't do the install you may find yourself with no parts or compressor warranty at all!
    Make your expertise uniquely valuable.

Make your influence uniquely far-reaching.

The installation package for the air handler, including the screw and other parts in question, is most likely firmly stuck right where AS/Trane recently decided to start sticking it.
    It is easy to miss if you just cut the bottom strap, slid the box up off the unit, and left the air handler sitting on the bottom of the box.
    If more government is the answer, then it's a really stupid question.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast