Hybrid View

Trane Documentation Packet Lost, Please Help!

I have a problem and am wondering if someone can help give me some direction or advise.

I recently purchased a brand new Trane Split AC System and the units were missing the documentation packet for both the air handler and the condenser.

Can someone give me some advice on how I can obtain a replacement documentation packet? I read on the Quick Start instructions that there is a screw in the documentation packet that is used to secure the coil seal plate to the cross member as well.

Am I screwed if the documentation packet is gone? The units were brand new and still in the unopened boxes.

Thanks in advance!

If it is a Hyperion Air handler, any short screw will do. It came with a short 5/16 self tapping screw. All the documentation that was in the packets can be downloaded off the internet. You will also be missing seals for lineset entry at air handler and a few fittings. If you bought it online or from a third party good luck, but if it was delivered from trane with no packet they will give you another one, but I guess you didnt go that route.

not allowed diy help on this site... sorry.... install as per instructions.....
    it was working.... played with it.... now its broke.... whats the going hourly rate for HVAC repair