Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    around here they dont even remove the contaninated driers in the Trane burn outs they just add a biflw in the liquid line outdide the unit .also you can get high acid liquid line driers .myself i believe in suction driers and go back in a couple of weeks and remove them and replace all LL driers
    We really need change now

Quote Originally Posted by iscan View Post
    But if the pressure drop is up to 30 psig due to long piping I'd rather put largher compressor in first after replacing the burning out compressor.
    Just to make sure the new dies faster than the old one did?
    If more government is the answer, then it's a really stupid question.

But if the pressure drop is up to 30 psig due to long piping I'd rather put largher compressor in first after replacing the burning out compressor.
    How about fix the piping and add long piping accessories.

Just to explain our Client banking group replacing the old aged 3 months burned out compressor isn't enough. I think the new one more powerful Copeland scroll have been working for 1 year will die this summer. Now it sounds like that. It pumps R22 at 45 psig on low suction side. Than after its death I hope the client gonna buy new compressor, subcooler (plate heat exchanger) and so on. But cutting pipes to limit its lengh to reduce gas flashing is impossible there. Only cutting payments is welcomed. Joke

Should have been said about adding subcooler with largher compressor before but want to observe another points of view.

proper sizing of the pipes does not involve shortening them. just need to increase diameter to correct size

Just to explain our Client banking group replacing the old aged 3 months burned out compressor isn't enough. I think the new one more powerful Copeland scroll have been working for 1 year will die this summer. Now it sounds like that. It pumps R22 at 45 psig on low suction side. Than after its death I hope the client gonna buy new compressor, subcooler (plate heat exchanger) and so on. But cutting pipes to limit its lengh to reduce gas flashing is impossible there. Only cutting payments is welcomed. Joke
    Russian humor, you gotta love it. I get it and am laughing my self silly.

But than again I come from an Eastern European back ground and my Uncle is always cracking jokes like Iscan.

I'm glad you got the humor Hvac5646, because I'm not very keen on languages. As for Gravity suggestion to increase pipe diameter to correct size I think it's a good idea. I know Trane gives 2 different diameters and 2 different lengths for installation of its split outdoor units model # TTK518. But I'm afraid there have been already installed max 7/8" suction pipes at our Cllient's site and further diameter increasing won't bring any difference.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123