Mismatched Split Units

I am at my whits end trying to get an answer to these mismatched units! I have a Goodman 3 ton heat pump M#GSH130361BB 13 seir condensing unit, Matched up with an American Standard Air Handler M# TWG036A140B1 3 Ton, (1998 air handler) and replaced the evaporator Accumulator it was leaking, Leak checked and pulled an 480 micron vacume, started charging the unit and the head pressure went over 350 psi., cleaned the condenser coil, the head pressure then dropped to 190 psi., finished charging the unit, checked the drop across across the drier, no temperature change, I have a 70 psi. suction, 230 discharge, and 14 degree superheat, In the conditioned space in this office building return is at 79 degrees and supply air is at 69 degrees, I am thinkin this customer needs a new Goodman 13 Seir Air Handler, Any help will be greatly appreciated , Thanks, Twinpop Winston-Salem N.C.

I can help, but I need more readings, what was the OD temp? The indoor wet bulb? The liquid line temp or subcooling?

Should I assume a fixed orifice or does it have a TXV?

"If perfection is your goal, you may end up with good enough, what might you end up with when good enough is your goal?"
    Wayne Pendergast, efficientcomfort.net

It has a fixed orfice and 16 20 degrees superheat

Good descritions!..it sounds to me like your real close to being as good as it gets. You still may be slightly undercharged due to a slightly higher superheat ( 8-12 Degrees " rule of thumb method") try adding some more refrigerant to get superheat down and you should get a better Td across evap coil. Are you taking temps at plenums on air handler or at the vents?

I has a fixed orfice and 20 degrees subcooling

OK 20 subcooling what about ODDB and IDWB?

"If perfection is your goal, you may end up with good enough, what might you end up with when good enough is your goal?"

Taking temperature readings at the vents supply and return

Out door temp at 82 degrees

Just need indoor wet bulb, if you don't have that, do you know what the indoor humidity was?

Only one temperature away from a diagnosis!.........

Just guessing maybe around 68 percent ?

Name:  Capture.PNG
Views: 124
Size:  52.4 KB

Measuring at the air handler and getting the actual id wet bulb may change to diagnosis

Changing the SEER rating changes things also. Putting it in as 13 SEER reveals that the condenser may need another cleaning, The ones with the tight fin spacing always do.
    Name:  Capture.PNG
Views: 109
Size:  75.9 KB