Following the Home Warranty guy again

He drilled a hole in the cabinet to run a flexible gas connector into the blower compartment and then drilled another hole through the shelf into the burner compartment. I'm just glad I discovered this before they went up in flames.
    Name:  IMG_1494.jpg
Views: 826
Size:  41.9 KB

And it appears that foil tape is now an approved method for joining PVC vent pipes.
    Name:  IMG_1496.jpg
Views: 769
Size:  34.9 KB

My reaction.
    Name:  IMG_1350.JPG
Views: 649
Size:  29.3 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images  

why are there no repercussions for these idiots, yet someone who follows the rule and slips up gets reamed?

priceless reaction link!!!!
    The Food Stamp Program, administered by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, is proud to be distributing the greatest amount of free meals and stamps EVER.
    Meanwhile, the National Park Service, administered by the U.S. Department of the Interior, asks us to "Please Do Not Feed the Animals". Their stated reason for this policy "... the animals become dependent on handouts and will not learn to take care of themselves."
    from an excerpt by Paul Jacob in Sun City, AZ

Quote Originally Posted by pacnw View Post
    why are there no repercussions for these idiots, yet someone who follows the rule and slips up gets reamed?
    The screwy part is, the home warranty company never wants to pay for someone who actually knows what they are doing to fix the fups.

They always want to send the ignorant attempted murderers back out to correct the issues.
    If more government is the answer, then it's a really stupid question.

A 2" hole and the flex is still riding against that nice sharp edge. LOL Need to shove his nose in it and beat him with a news paper!
    "I am for doing good to the poor, but I differ in opinion of the means. I think the best way of doing good to the poor, is not making them easy in poverty, but leading or driving them out of it."
    Benjamin Franklin, 1766

At least the customer took my warning seriously and had me correct the obviously dangerous things.

Oh yeah, the furnace was set on a metal return box but he put the filter rack on the side of the furnace and cut a hole there instead of using a bottom return. It has a 5 ton AC and could really use the volume or a bottom return.

Quote Originally Posted by kdean1 View Post
    At least the customer took my warning seriously and had me correct the obviously dangerous things.

Oh yeah, the furnace was set on a metal return box but he put the filter rack on the side of the furnace and cut a hole there instead of using a bottom return. It has a 5 ton AC and could really use the volume or a bottom return.
    You got a pic of this? I wanna see it

Quote Originally Posted by OldSchoolMech View Post
    You got a pic of this? I wanna see it
    OldSchool,
    Sorry, no pic of that. I took pictures of the most egregious safety violations instead of just the poor work.
    The customers tell me that they can't reach the contractor by phone and information online leads us to believe he's left the business. Either that or just trying to keep his head down now that the sh*t is hitting the fan.