+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Testo service/warranty repairs

Post Likes

Angry Testo service/warranty repairs

I am kind of pissed off at testos service department. I had to send in my 7month old testo 550 manifold because the high side knob started leaking refrigerant. The website says you can expect to receive a quote in two to three days after they receive it. It has been 6 days since business days since they received it and I still have not gotten a quote. I called Tuesday to check on it and was told that they haven't worked on it yet and to check back Thursday. I called today and got a voicemail that says they will be out of the office until feb.19 and DO NOT leave a message. I am a very impatient person and know others do not share the same sense of urgency which is fine. I do however have high expectations of any customer service. Givin that they are a company that makes products for professionals, you would think they would be a little more on the ball.

Post Likes
    To hell with Testo. Boycott the bastards!

Post Likes
    Wrote em off years ago

Post Likes
    Pretty sure I'm buyin some digicools tomorrow, just have to change the password for my bank acct so the wife don't ask what I'm buying lol

Post Likes
    7 months old and they quote you a repair, are we talking $$ here. is there only such a short warranty period . regards jim

Post Likes
    The Testo 550's come with a two year warranty.

http://testousa.com/refrigeration/technical-data.html

Post Likes
    I assume it will be under warranty.

Post Likes
    warranty isn't worth a fuzzy turd if they won't get it fixed in a short period of time.
    It`s better to be silent and thought the fool; than speak and remove all doubt.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by dandyme View Post
    warranty isn't worth a fuzzy turd if they won't get it fixed in a short period of time.
    I concure.....
    it was working.... played with it.... now its broke.... whats the going hourly rate for HVAC repair

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by acsolutionsllc View Post
    To hell with Testo. Boycott the bastards!

X2

look for my posts on Testo, they are the worst for customer service and could not care less(in my opinion) once they sell the crap.

I had the second gen 523 and they straight up told me "... too bad, we are saving parts for the 560 customers." I asked if they would give me credit towards a new 550 in exchange for my 523 for parts or just as a courtesy, I got it back from a warranty repair 3 days earlier, and they said "NO".

I got a 550 and it has been in more times than in the field.

RUN from Testo DRSAs, in my opinion.
    The Food Stamp Program, administered by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, is proud to be distributing the greatest amount of free meals and stamps EVER.
    Meanwhile, the National Park Service, administered by the U.S. Department of the Interior, asks us to "Please Do Not Feed the Animals". Their stated reason for this policy "... the animals become dependent on handouts and will not learn to take care of themselves."
    from an excerpt by Paul Jacob in Sun City, AZ

Post Likes
    Been looking into a digital manometer for some time, most people recommend the testo. I'm extremely hesitant to make a purchase based on ALOT of people's experiences documented on this sight.

Post Likes
    I'm thinking about a second set of digital gauges. Another ak900 might be the choice. Unless something better from dc has been put out. Plan on looking soon

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by n-e-w Jerz! View Post
    Been looking into a digital manometer for some time, most people recommend the testo. I'm extremely hesitant to make a purchase based on ALOT of people's experiences documented on this sight.
    I have several different brands of digital manometers, as well as several brands of digital refrigerant gauges, including Testo on both counts.

I strongly recommend the Testo 510 manometer over others in the <$300 price class.
    When it comes to the 550, I'd recommend looking at other manufacturers options for digital refrigerant gauges though.

My 550 was repaired/replaced under warranty twice, with no issues.
    It has been 9 months since the last repair, which is the longest either my 2nd gen 523 or my 550 has worked for me at a time.
    My old school 1st gen 523(the one with the tiny 2 line display), still works flawlessly, but it has never been more than a couple of feet from its padded case its entire life.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by dandyme View Post
    I agree.

Post Likes
    On behalf of Testo, please accept our apologies for delay. The “out of office” message was at an individual’s desk rather than going to the general Service phone extension. We have corrected that situation to make sure the coordinator’s calls are forwarded to someone in the office. As this is likely a warranty issue, there is good chance this is already in process to be returned. Please contact me at john@testo.com so that I can confirm the status of your meter. Thank you for bringing this our attention.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jbickers View Post
    On behalf of Testo, please accept our apologies for delay. The “out of office” message was at an individual’s desk rather than going to the general Service phone extension. We have corrected that situation to make sure the coordinator’s calls are forwarded to someone in the office. As this is likely a warranty issue, there is good chance this is already in process to be returned. Please contact me at john@testo.com so that I can confirm the status of your meter. Thank you for bringing this our attention.
    I want to know how he is a professional member with only 9 post.
    You need to put the phone down and get back to work!

Post Likes
    Mr. Bickers is a representative of Testo tools.

The membership committee will make exemptions for tool reps, manufacturer reps, or anyone else who the membership committee deems fit.

Post Likes
    Like Mark I have sent mine in twice with no problems.
    Within the first year they just sent a new in the package set.

No problems so far with service.

It takes about two weeks or better, but hey....
    Life is too short, Behappy!
    TFMM

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by mark beiser View Post
    I have several different brands of digital manometers, as well as several brands of digital refrigerant gauges, including Testo on both counts.

I strongly recommend the Testo 510 manometer over others in the <$300 price class.
    When it comes to the 550, I'd recommend looking at other manufacturers options for digital refrigerant gauges though.

My 550 was repaired/replaced under warranty twice, with no issues.
    It has been 9 months since the last repair, which is the longest either my 2nd gen 523 or my 550 has worked for me at a time.
    My old school 1st gen 523(the one with the tiny 2 line display), still works flawlessly, but it has never been more than a couple of feet from its padded case its entire life.
    I will completely agree with this!!!!

Nothing but flawless operation with my 510 and my 308.

DRSAs whole other ball game, stupid hook design and all.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jbickers View Post
    Thank you for responding to my ranting. I will say that I have had to call in one other time and was extremely impressed with how friendly and helpful the customer service was. I lost the battery cover the first day I used my 550 because I didn't put on securely. I called and they sent me another one for free, no questions asked. That may be why I was so disappointed this time.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in