Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Water hose storage

just wondering how other techs are storing there water hoses on there vans/trucks If u got a pics of it post it

I've been thinking how I'm going to store my hoses this spring. I'm gonna carry a few hundred feet and thought maybe just a large sized Tupperware container. Not 100% certain yet though

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

I have my 100ft hose on a small hose reel and a 25ft rolled up, cinched with a ball bungee tarp strap and hanging on a S hook on the bulkhead.

I like that idea except I need at least 300'+ . . . Probably 400 minimum this season. Solar panels have become my enemy

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Husky-100...1#.UR2I9_L6Yk4

Let me start by saying that I don't often carry water hose.

I use these (they make 3 sizes) for carrying charging hoses, extension cords and the like. I also use them for storing my garden hoses and torch hoses in the garage.

The trick, if you want to call it that, is finding a good place to install a few screw eyes to hang these from. I've got a good sized wooden shelf unit I built behind the crash wall and I put higher "lips" on my shelving units with 1x3 boards that also hold a screw eye pretty well.

I suppose that, with a few of these and a bit of determination and ingenuity, one could store several hundred feet of hose.

I have 3- 100' hoses made out of 1/2 beverage hose its not as bulky as 5/8 or 3/4 hose. you really dont see pressure loss. I also carry a 50' hot water hose good quality ones that are easy to roll up. funny thing about space on the van the more room you have more things get piled in there. this year i'm trying to be more organized. ive been on roofs that there is no water bib in sight what a drag to be about to 10' short to where you need to be

Rolled up, male and female ends attached, Husky Velcro hanging straps

I got this thing at a local hardware store.

http://www.solutions.com/jump.jsp?it...emType=PRODUCT
    The Food Stamp Program, administered by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, is proud to be distributing the greatest amount of free meals and stamps EVER.
    Meanwhile, the National Park Service, administered by the U.S. Department of the Interior, asks us to "Please Do Not Feed the Animals". Their stated reason for this policy "... the animals become dependent on handouts and will not learn to take care of themselves."
    from an excerpt by Paul Jacob in Sun City, AZ

I built three 50' foot 3/8" ID braided hoses with barb by 3/4" hose connectors on each end for a total of 150' for everything I need. I have a quick connect 1/8" airgun for cutting ice for removal from evap pans and the like. Other than using a pressure washer it's all I need. Rolls up into a small plastic case I have too.

There was a post in refrence to that hose that expands then De-compresses. Forgot name but I believe he was going to follow up.
    Customer is alWays opposite of Left

I use something called a pocket hose. I have 3 of them that are 50' each. It is similar I think to what zartangreen is talking about. You can get them at wal-mart for $20 each. They expand to 50' when you put water through them, and compress to about 10' when disconnected. I haven't really had any problems with them yet.

Google pocket hose and you'll see what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by nolaHVAC View Post
    I use something called a pocket hose. I have 3 of them that are 50' each. It is similar I think to what zartangreen is talking about. You can get them at wal-mart for $20 each. They expand to 50' when you put water through them, and compress to about 10' when disconnected. I haven't really had any problems with them yet.

Google pocket hose and you'll see what it is.
    I just picked up one at walgreens for $20 but have yet to try it. I really hope it works as described. I really hate fussing with hoses.

This stuff is probably good on grass and being within one hose length of the unit. Don't think it would stand up to the commercial environment where 300+ feet are needed. I've moved on to flat hose that's very heavy duty. I got it for a bargain. 500' fit in a space smaller than one length of 50' regular hose would. Weighs less than a hose length as well

Attached Images Attached Images  

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast