+ Reply to Thread

Thread: York Chiller VSD 503 "Motor Controller Loss of Current"

Post Likes

York Chiller VSD 503 "Motor Controller Loss of Current"

The entire power assembly was replaced on this chiller VSD as well as the vyper logic board. The run light on the vyper board shows up but no lights on the individual driver boards. Its like its commanded to run but not running, eventually the drive trips out of loss of current because it's obviously pulling no current.

Anybody have any suggestions?

ThanksClick image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0614.jpg 
Views:	147 
Size:	38.6 KB 
ID:	357091

Post Likes
    why was it replaced? sounds like a wiring issue to me....from here....on Mars....i mean, uh, Earth...yeah, Earth.
    "Right" is not the same as "Wise".

Don't step on my favorite part of the Constitution just to point out your favorite part.

Just because you can measure it, doesn't mean it is important. Just because you can't measure it, doesn't mean it isn't important.

Post Likes
    Why - and by whom - was it replaced? You're not giving much info to try and formulate an answer from, but I'll tell you what jumps out at me - a vyper drive only has one driver board on one output pole. You indicate that you have multiple gate drivers. You might want to start looking there.

Post Likes
    “MOTOR CONTROLLER – LOSS OF
    CURRENT”
    The Compressor Motor current decreased to 10% Full
    Load Amps (FLA) for 25 continuous seconds while the
    chiller was running. This could be caused by the starter
    de-energizing during run or a defect in the motor current
    feedback circuitry to the Control Center. The chiller
    will automatically restart at the completion of “System
    Coastdown”.
    A mind is like a parachute. It doesn't work if it is not open.

The best part of going to work is coming back home at the end of the day.

Hard work spotlights the character of people: some turn up their sleeves, some turn up their noses, and some don't turn up at all.

Post Likes
    I am facing the same problem Motor Controller-Loss of Current in York YK Chiller with VSD and Harmonic Filter. I diagnosed that motor starts late even after the command to VSD is on. In that case when it starts late it provides current feedback after sometime and the system trips indicating Loss of current. One thing more if I switch off the harmonic filter this problem does not occur then. Can anyone guide me about the problem of harmonic filter?

Post Likes
    There were issues with the Filter software...what Harmonic Filter software version do you have?

Don't step on my favorite part of the Constitution just to point out your favorite part.

Just because you can measure it, doesn't mean it is important. Just because you can't measure it, doesn't mean it isn't important.

Post Likes

Board

I have no idea which firmware version it is, from where it would be mentioned? any help about that
    Also i have tried changing VSD logic board and Harmonic Filter board as well, but no remedy.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by asifhameed25 View Post
    I have no idea which firmware version it is, from where it would be mentioned? any help about that
    Also i have tried changing VSD logic board and Harmonic Filter board as well, but no remedy.
    You should be able to view the software version from the main screen. I would think that you have the newest software version if you have changed the Harmonic Filter board. But double checking that you didn't get an older version would be wise.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by tmayfield View Post
    The entire power assembly was replaced on this chiller VSD as well as the vyper logic board. The run light on the vyper board shows up but no lights on the individual driver boards. Its like its commanded to run but not running, eventually the drive trips out of loss of current because it's obviously pulling no current.

Anybody have any suggestions?

ThanksClick image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0614.jpg 
Views:	147 
Size:	38.6 KB 
ID:	357091
    Curious as to how long this issue has been going on? Was it happening prior to the changing of parts? Or was it something that started after the change? There are a lot of things you could check and probably should have already, mostly simple tests but you really need to know what you are doing so as to not injure yourself or others. You have a fairly complicated apparatus there.
    Superheat, that must be REALLY hot.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by asifhameed25 View Post
    I am facing the same problem Motor Controller-Loss of Current in York YK Chiller with VSD and Harmonic Filter. I diagnosed that motor starts late even after the command to VSD is on. In that case when it starts late it provides current feedback after sometime and the system trips indicating Loss of current. One thing more if I switch off the harmonic filter this problem does not occur then. Can anyone guide me about the problem of harmonic filter?
    This one sounds like a software issue but then again, one has to ask how long has this been happening? You should really know where to find the software version of all the boards quite readily. A wise man once said "look at the trees, not the forest".
    Superheat, that must be REALLY hot.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in