Spyder VVT Logic

I have several sites already running using spyders on vvt systems, I am wondering how some others have done theirs. Example would be appreciated but the basic logic would do. I have posted on hw's building forum but that is like talking to the wall.

Are you using venoms? If so which one and what links are you using? How are you determining when and how long to go into heat or cooling? Are you switching back and forth when you have demand for both heat and cooling? How are you determining the demand? Most importantly, are you and the customer satisfied with the results?
    "It's always controls"

I did one. Very simple program per-say, My program has heat cool and fan only. when in between heat or cool unit is in fan only mode and zone dampers go to 50%. I pass only terminal mode from zones to unit and HVACmode from Unit to Zones. The program has been running now for 8 months with no complaints.

Are you using venoms?
    NO

How are you determining when and how long to go into heat or cooling?
    Are you switching back and forth when you have demand for both heat and cooling?
    if the maximum of all zones returns to 0 then end cycle (heat or cool) if there is a heat and cool call run mode heat or cool for 15 minuets then switch until there is only one mode being called for or no modes.

How are you determining the demand?
    out put of heating and cooling loops of each zone get funneled into a terminalload NVO( -163 to 163) all zones terminalload's report to the Unit controller I take the max and min of all the zones and the outcome becomes my heat and cool calls.

Most importantly, are you and the customer satisfied with the results?
    besides having a spyder at the unit just freak out and have to be replaced I have not herd once from them on this site. I would also like to add that this site has a 4 zone XL10 Rapid zone brought into Webs job and an 8 zone spyder VVT job.

Hope that helps.

I have a VVT app for Boxes and RTU that was done by Hutchey but not released publicly. I had to fix a problem in the economizer logic for the RTU if I remember right but it worked pretty well.
    Go Rangers!

Quote Originally Posted by MDaly View Post
    I did one. Very simple program per-say, My program has heat cool and fan only. when in between heat or cool unit is in fan only mode and zone dampers go to 50%. I pass only terminal mode from zones to unit and HVACmode from Unit to Zones. The program has been running now for 8 months with no complaints.

NO

if the maximum of all zones returns to 0 then end cycle (heat or cool) if there is a heat and cool call run mode heat or cool for 15 minuets then switch until there is only one mode being called for or no modes.

out put of heating and cooling loops of each zone get funneled into a terminalload NVO( -163 to 163) all zones terminalload's report to the Unit controller I take the max and min of all the zones and the outcome becomes my heat and cool calls.

besides having a spyder at the unit just freak out and have to be replaced I have not herd once from them on this site. I would also like to add that this site has a 4 zone XL10 Rapid zone brought into Webs job and an 8 zone spyder VVT job.

Hope that helps.
    Thats pretty much how I do it. I use -20 or 20 as a setpoint to determine heating and cooling calls. Also on a large building with a ton of glass I have had to add morning warmup when the outside temp is cold.
    Thanks for the response.
    "It's always controls"

Quote Originally Posted by lwarren View Post
    I have a VVT app for Boxes and RTU that was done by Hutchey but not released publicly. I had to fix a problem in the economizer logic for the RTU if I remember right but it worked pretty well.
    Can you send me a copy? I checked Hutchey's site and he has not added anything to it in a while.
    Thanks
    "It's always controls"

I will try to send you something later today.
    Go Rangers!