How to integrate point of 'drop leg refrigerant temperature' to BAS?

I have a York YK centrifugal chiller and I want to map the 'drop leg refrigerant temperature' to BAS. After checking the point maps list, I found the code of this point is 'OPTIONAL'. Should I contact JCI to map the optional point? I guess they would charge thousands of dollars in updating firmware!!! Can I do it by myself? How? Thanks for your guide and help!

Not sure JCI would accomodate that request. I'm fairly confident what you see is what you get. Even when it was York I remember being told "Can't do that." when I inquired about a point that wasn't on the points list.

Out of curiosity, why do you want to record the condensed liquid refrigerant temperature?

I'm pretty sure that JCI could do it, but would charge thousands of dollars.

Site manager wants to trend the point for monitoring chiller performance.

You can do it, you have to update the elink board's software via hyperterminal and then map it in. It would more than likely cost more than it is worth to get that point, elink boards are not updated alot so the local jci guy would have to figure out how to do it.

Thank you so much for the guide! I appreciate it! Is there any manual or instruction I can follow to update E-link software and map the desired points?

Theres not really any instruction to go by, thats the problem. You would have to make a bunch of phone calls and have the right version of firmware emailed to you. There is nothing in the chiller service docs about it, it is more of a control thing.

Chad_nc, thank you!