Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by itsiceman View Post
    What is the point with recording amps without volts? If I couldn't record everything like the 570 I'd rather be looking at most of it all at once with a dual display clamp meter or some other combo of meters. V,A PSIA all at once would be nice ambient temp if you want. Don't you have to turn the 570 off and back on to recognize what's plugged into it anyway. Not very practical if you are recording simultaneous readings for performance calculations or benchmarks.
    No, no voltage recording on the 570 as yet. And my Amprobe Navigator amp meter gives me watts and volts on a dual screen also, but does not record.

If i understand the Data logging software, a tablet or laptop will show all the function simultaneously on a graph. But that function might not be right for my application.

Quote Originally Posted by hvac5646 View Post
    For me, it's less tools carry to the site.

Quote Originally Posted by chuckcrj View Post
    Can the testo do volts, ohms and capacitance? If not, I still have to carry a meter. My SC56 does all of the above, so taking an amp reading with my gauges holds no value.
    Even though I still carry my Navigator amp meter to the site it is still more convenient. (And as much as I like my FP products the Navigator is superior in every way to the SC56.)
    I am not not down-playing the importance of an amp meter.
    It will always have a place as an adjunct to the 570. But the documentation of SC, SH, HP, SP ect,ect, is still the most valuable asset to have.

There was a time when contractors laughed at the idea of digitals...now look what's on the market. And there are going to be more contenders in the market in the coming year.

You may disagree that the functions of the 570 hold no value, but the numbers say you are wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by mark beiser View Post
    It is crazy expensive for something that is so limited in usefulness, and doesn't replace a stand alone meter, but hey, it's your money.
    I totally agree, sometimes even when things seem like they may be easier or less to carry, it ends up not being worth it due to quality or limitations. I just stick to my stand alone meter even if it means its another thing on my tool belt or in my tool bucket.

Quote Originally Posted by ptac_units View Post
    I totally agree, sometimes even when things seem like they may be easier or less to carry, it ends up not being worth it due to quality or limitations. I just stick to my stand alone meter even if it means its another thing on my tool belt or in my tool bucket.
    Your position is that the 570 is valueless because it has limitations? The only measurement it does not have a configuration for is voltage. I can print out lbs of rfrig added and removed and other sundry features.

My I ask what type of manifold you possess?

I would like to see the printout from the 570 with amps and pressure, temperature, SC & SH. I bought a 550 from TTT and I'm ready to add a second digital manifold.

Quote Originally Posted by chuckcrj View Post
    I can't imagine why I would want to display amps on my manifold.

If I want to see amps while watching pressures I just clamp my meter on and watch them both.
    LOL with what he spent on that rig... i would hope it displays amps, and fry's eggs for breakfast every morning too
    If Guns Kill People, Do Pencils Misspell Words?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=An2a1...eature=related

Before we work on artificial intelligence why don't we do something about natural stupidity?

Quote Originally Posted by beachtech View Post
    LOL with what he spent on that rig... i would hope it displays amps, and fry's eggs for breakfast every morning too
    Or at least gives a happy ending...
    If more government is the answer, then it's a really stupid question.

Quote Originally Posted by mark beiser View Post
    Or at least gives a happy ending...
    I am happy with it....although I don't think that was what you had in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher_K View Post
    I would like to see the printout from the 570 with amps and pressure, temperature, SC & SH. I bought a 550 from TTT and I'm ready to add a second digital manifold.
    Grab the 570. You won't be disappointed..I don't know what you find acceptable by way of print-out, but you should know the printer for the 570 is the same size as a calculator tape.

Extra soft ware lets you format your own print-outs if you choose to carry a lap top and printer in the truck.

Quote Originally Posted by beachtech View Post
    You would not believe how reasonably I picked it up...a lot less than you think.

Is the 570 much of a step up from the 557?

Quote Originally Posted by eddiegoodfellar View Post
    Is the 570 much of a step up from the 557?
    It has the printer and amp-clamp along with third temp probe socket. You can also record how much refer you added or subtracted from the system and the amp draw. This gets printed or can be down loaded to a hard-drive. It will hold 5000 records of individual jobs.

Quote Originally Posted by hvac5646 View Post
    You would not believe how reasonably I picked it up...a lot less than you think.
    Cin I guess $549 if new then mayme 5% off of that.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast