Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

PURCHASED NEW TESTO 0554 5607...

.....AMP CLAMP FOR THE TEST 570.

NOW ALL I NEED IS A PRINTER AND AN ODA TEMP PROBE,

CAN DC DO THAT? I'm asking cause I really haven't the foggiest notion.

The probe was a good investment even if it was a bit salty...but TTT took care of me....with some help from Uncle

Just bought a 570. Last set of digital's I had were the tif's. Never could keep them caliberated. I have been at this since 1972, maybe a bit more if you include auto A C's.
    The amp clamp is on my list.
    I have used the testo 3 times and can't offer any opinion on it yet. I think it was manufactured in Germany. All of the Fieldpiece stuff seems to come from China. Haven't had much luck with PRC goods.
    Oh most of my work is commercial refrigeration.

One nice thing about Testo's amp clamp is the jaw size is very thin and has a practical diameter jaw opening...it will get into the some really tight spots. The only thing I am not in love with is the price...but Like Uncle Clover says, "You want to play you gotta pay".

The air sensor will be invaluable for saving time on ODT measurements.

Temp probe

Probably be while before I think of getting a temp probe. I do wish that it had a better micron gauge, but so far it is great. Marc

I can't imagine why I would want to display amps on my manifold.

If I want to see amps while watching pressures I just clamp my meter on and watch them both.

Quote Originally Posted by chuckcrj View Post

If I want to see amps while watching pressures I just clamp my meter on and watch them both.
    You could watch temp and amps at the same time with a dual display DMM. You can't do both at the same time with the 570. Its either or on the third input. The record and print function would be the catch here since you would have to toggle screens to view the third input.
    “If You Can Dodge A Wrench You Can Dodge A Ball”

Quote Originally Posted by itsiceman View Post
    You could watch temp and amps at the same time with a dual display DMM. You can't do both at the same time with the 570. Its either or on the third input. The record and print function would be the catch here since you would have to toggle screens to view the third input.
    Yes, I can see it if someone required printouts of all parameters on a regular basis.

Quote Originally Posted by chuckcrj View Post

For me, it's less tools carry to the site.

Quote Originally Posted by itsiceman View Post
    And why would "it's either or" be a concern? It's certainly not one to me. I don't see changing screen as an issue.
    DMM for monitoring amps? I assume you mean with an accessory clamp? I have a Fluke 289 if I wish to go that way but the temp function is no more accurate than a 116. I don't feel very confident with that since the accuracy on the Testo air sensor is much more accurate.

I will be using the print function on every system check and service.

Quote Originally Posted by hvac5646 View Post
    For me, it's less tools carry to the site.
    Can the testo do volts, ohms and capacitance? If not, I still have to carry a meter. My SC56 does all of the above, so taking an amp reading with my gauges holds no value.

Quote Originally Posted by hvac5646 View Post
    And why would "it's either or" be a concern? It's certainly not one to me. I don't see changing screen as an issue.
    DMM for monitoring amps? I assume you mean with an accessory clamp? I have a Fluke 289 if I wish to go that way but the temp function is no more accurate than a 116. I don't feel very confident with that since the accuracy on the Testo air sensor is much more accurate.

I will be using the print function on every system check and service.
    What is the point with recording amps without volts? If I couldn't record everything like the 570 I'd rather be looking at most of it all at once with a dual display clamp meter or some other combo of meters. V,A PSIA all at once would be nice ambient temp if you want. Don't you have to turn the 570 off and back on to recognize what's plugged into it anyway. Not very practical if you are recording simultaneous readings for performance calculations or benchmarks.
    “If You Can Dodge A Wrench You Can Dodge A Ball”

It is crazy expensive for something that is so limited in usefulness, and doesn't replace a stand alone meter, but hey, it's your money.
    If more government is the answer, then it's a really stupid question.

I don't know. I think it is suppose to do energy Calculations. I just think it might be a way to check draw and then print out a report to show customer. Just my thoughts and I haven't had my coffee yet.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast