Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks for everyone's input. Chalk this up to a lesson learned.

GCPM, if I were you I would try contacting McQuay about any possible warranty coverage. The OEM's are all familar with "special" circumstances concerning startups. Delays are not that unusual. There may be "wiggle" room in the warranty period. Even if there isn't, I've seen concessions given to keep a customer happy.

Any Tech with experience on the turbocor can pull the fault logs off of the compressor to check what happened and the last time it ran. If the fault logs are pulled and the Tech on site is still questioning why the compressor failed then the fault logs can be sent to Danfoss/Turbocor and there tech support can check the fault logs and they will give you the cut and dry truth of why the compressor failed.
    I have found in the past before I was factory trained at Danfoss/Turbocor the the Mcquay tech and there tech support are not very knowledable with there WMC machines but there are a few exception out there

Good Luck

Standard warranty from Danfoss Turbocor is 12 months from start up or 18 months from date of shipment.

However, we as the OEM's can extend the warranty however we see fit, based upon if an extended warranty was bought, etc.

McQuay buys a lot of compressors at a time and are usually one revision behind current production at DTC. So if DTC is building revision "E" they still might be using revision "D". This was done strategically by McQuay because for so long every time you would get a new compressor revision from DTC, you would have to modify controls to accommodate the new revision. A perfect example of this was the transition from Milestone 1 to Milestone 2 in BMCC software

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12