Thread: JC Pass Word

Question JC Pass Word

I got this JC DX9100 that has been sitting for a while. I'm sure the battery is dead and it lost its RAM Memory. The question is, if I power this controller back up would it still be password sensitive? If so, will it go back to the default password? JC state that the password is downloaded from the GX-9100, which make me to think it is RAM. JC also state that if the password is lost you must send the controller back to them to erase the memory which makes me think it is EEPROM. What is it, or should I power it up and find out? Looking for a quick answer without going through the trouble.
    Last edited by craigam1; 07-04-2009 at 09:35 AM. Reason: More explanation

I don't think that the DX9100 is password protected.You will need a copy of the GX9100 software tool and an RS232 cross over cable in order to program it

There was an option to password the controller but I never used it or heard of anybody using it. No password was the default but it would not reset if someone had set a password. Power it up and see.

When I used a DX9100, i remember of using a password '2468' not sure it is a default though

2468 was the default for companion. There was no default for DX-9100's.