Gun Confiscation - Page 9
Page 9 of 24 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151619 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by AStudent View Post

Not a well adjusted person...I agree with you....but just how many teenagers are well adjusted....especially in this day in age?
    How many teenagers can legally own guns?

Quote Originally Posted by jpsmith1cm View Post
    Then you've got comprehension problems.

In one you state that availability of guns is a cause of the crime of mass shootings.

In the other, that guns don't cause crime.

Which is it?
    In both statements I said the availabilty of these weapons is the problem, not the guns thenselves.

Quote Originally Posted by geerair View Post
    In both statements I said the availabilty of these weapons is the problem, not the guns thenselves.
    I've had guns available to me for years.

Why haven't I done a mass shooting?

How many teenagers can legally own guns?
    It's not teenagers owning firearms that's the issue....it's how many parents leave their firearms in the open, ripe for picking.

I had my own firearm before I was 12...I didn't legally own it but it was gifted to me.

Quote Originally Posted by AStudent View Post

It's not teenagers owning firearms that's the issue....it's how many parents leave their firearms in the open, ripe for picking.

I had my own firearm before I was 12...I didn't legally own it but it was gifted to me.
    Sadly, the parents who are too busy with their own lives to know that junior is building a bomb in his bedroom....

Quote Originally Posted by Jax View Post
    And this is where the great divide begins.
    The decisions to regulate guns is based on the premise that if it only saves one life it is worth it. The problem is there is no consideration for value of the gun in the hands of law abiding citizens and the lives it cost with restrictive laws.
    In the case of mass-shootings more than one life is at stake.

I have yet to see any credible evidence that limiting the availability of AR-15s or like weapons has cost lives.

Sadly, the parents who are too busy with their own lives to know that junior is building a bomb in his bedroom....
    Yup, very true. As you know I'm not against guns, but I do believe that at the very minimum we as a country need to educate our children and ourselves on safe practices of firearms. Hunter's ed is a joke.... I remember the first question was how many beers should you drink before hunting.

In the case of mass-shootings more than one life is at stake.

I have yet to see any credible evidence that limiting the availability of AR-15s or like weapons has cost lives.
    Nor is it proven to save lives, geer.

I've had guns available to me for years.

Why haven't I done a mass shooting?
    Only you can answer that.

No one will admit it but this IS a major part of the problem and at the core of most social ills today. No one wants to go there because they are too busy enjoying the rewards and running away from the responsibilty. We as a nation are too bound on saving the "spotted stickleback minnow" that we are loosing the core of ideals that allow someone to even care about little fish in the stream. Our children ARE the future and they could be the next Adam Lanzas unless we take personal responsibility and require one another to do the same. Guns are just a diversion...even if they could take every firearm away from every citizen...the core problem remains the same.
    A smooth sea has never made a worthy mariner
    English proverb

Only you can answer that.
    Because I was raised better than the turds committing these crimes.

THERE is your root cause, piss poor parenting. Children raising children. Baby-daddies running off and leaving momma to raise the kids.

So, let's settle down and work on the REAL problem rather than the manufactured problem of "gun availability"

Quote Originally Posted by Helioson View Post

No one will admit it but this IS a major part of the problem and at the core of most social ills today. No one wants to go there because they are too busy enjoying the rewards and running away from the responsibilty. We as a nation are too bound on saving the "spotted stickleback minnow" that we are loosing the core of ideals that allow someone to even care about little fish in the stream. Our children ARE the future and they could be the next Adam Lanzas unless we take personal responsibility and require one another to do the same. Guns are just a diversion...even if they could take every firearm away from every citizen...the core problem remains the same.
    Exactly!

Nor is it proven to save lives, geer.
    Proven? No.

However had these mass-shooters not had access to these weapons and accessories it is arguable that the death toll would have been lower if not prevented altogether.

What is proven beyond a shadow of a doubt is that these weapons are the weapons of choice used in mass-shootings such as Newtown.

Page 9 of 24 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151619 ... LastLast