Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 13161718192021222324 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by geerair View Post
    So what's your complaint?
    I'm a masochist.

I enjoy arguing with liberals and beating my head off of concrete walls.

Both give me a similar sensation of light-headedness, wasted time and I wind up with the same headache. Arguing with liberals doesn't result in as much blood-loss, though.

watching the news this morning-
    Many cities around here are having gun buy-back programs. No questions asked, don't care about registrations.
    $100 gift card for a pistol, $200 for an "assult weapon".
    People are actually bringing AR's in for a couple hundred bucks?

Makes me want to stand at the lot entrance & buy them on the spot for $400

Quote Originally Posted by geerair View Post
    No problem except these weapons are repeatedly used in mass-shootings.

Which would argue that restricting access of these weapons to these people is a must.

hand guns are the preferred weapon of mass shooters, yet NO ONE has even mentioned banning those?

why not?
    I only drink a little, but when I do
    I turn into another person and THAT person drinks a lot

Quote Originally Posted by precision hvac View Post
    watching the news this morning-
    Many cities around here are having gun buy-back programs. No questions asked, don't care about registrations.
    $100 gift card for a pistol, $200 for an "assult weapon".
    People are actually bringing AR's in for a couple hundred bucks?

Makes me want to stand at the lot entrance & buy them on the spot for $400
    This has already happened.

http://www.infowars.com/backfire-sea...those-in-line/

I've thought much the same. Offer to buy the gun and take them to a FFL holder and do the transfer properly.

Quote Originally Posted by jmac00 View Post
    hand guns are the preferred weapon of mass shooters, yet NO ONE has even mentioned banning those?

why not?
    I know you already know the real answer to your question. They actually want 100% gun confiscation but know they can't get that right at the moment. So, they go for the black rifles that hold many rounds and look badass. However, it seems they got on a bit of a roll on this gun control this time and are expanding their reach as far as they can. Of course, none of what they are pushing has anything real to do with criminals unless you consider making legal gun owners criminals with their proposals.

Just get yours ready Hugh.....

Im seriously thinking about going to an indoor range here. The two state ranges here are about 40-50 miles away and have no facilities and the local gun clubs are cliquish as hell...and they also sorta lack decent facilities.

20.00 an hour.... I dont foresee shooting for over an hour... and they are heated and cooled...have nice clean restrooms.....snack bar area.... CLEAN RESTROOMS.... a staff of trained people.... and I believe there is less riff raff that you have to put up with here.

Plus they have a gun store to look around in if you have to wait for a lane to open. Id go first thing on saturday mornings so I dont see having to wait long for a lane....

I think that it would be best for me to start practicing some.....especially if I buy a new revolver. Of course it might be some time..... Im not buying a gun and then turning around and paying a dollar something a bullet for it. Ive got a footlocker full of guns and ammo for them... I just want a small 357 for around the house.

http://www.myshootersedge.com/
    YOU SHALL REAP WHAT YOU HAVE _______ SOWN

Quote Originally Posted by corny View Post
    Just get yours ready Hugh.....

Im seriously thinking about going to an indoor range here. The two state ranges here are about 40-50 miles away and have no facilities and the local gun clubs are cliquish as hell...and they also sorta lack decent facilities.

20.00 an hour.... I dont foresee shooting for over an hour... and they are heated and cooled...have nice clean restrooms.....snack bar area.... CLEAN RESTROOMS.... a staff of trained people.... and I believe there is less riff raff that you have to put up with here.

Plus they have a gun store to look around in if you have to wait for a lane to open. Id go first thing on saturday mornings so I dont see having to wait long for a lane....

I think that it would be best for me to start practicing some.....especially if I buy a new revolver. Of course it might be some time..... Im not buying a gun and then turning around and paying a dollar something a bullet for it. Ive got a footlocker full of guns and ammo for them... I just want a small 357 for around the house.

Glad to hear you are not totally antigun.. Have fun at the range. I happen to live in the country and all I have to do is walk outside to shoot, something our family does regularly. We practice combat techniques, self-defense situtations and facing multiple attackers. Stuff I first learned in the police academy and continued to pick up in combat courses.

Our firearms are NOT just for fun. They are fun! But, personal protection sits at the top of the list. Therefore, the types of firearms we own are those suited for taking down multiple larger attackers if necessary. AR15 style weapons fit well in that selection.

Quote Originally Posted by corny View Post
    I just want a small 357 for around the house.

http://www.snubnose.info/docs/m640.htm

Not the most pleasant gun to shoot magnums out of all day long, but it's a nice, compact, concealable .357 Magnum.

With .38s, it's really quite pleasant to shoot, though.

Quote Originally Posted by jpsmith1cm View Post
    http://www.snubnose.info/docs/m640.htm

Not the most pleasant gun to shoot magnums out of all day long, but it's a nice, compact, concealable .357 Magnum.

With .38s, it's really quite pleasant to shoot, though.
    When you fire .38s in a 357 mag revolver you have a larger cylinder gap between the cylinder and barrel due to the slight size difference between .38 and 357 rounds. This causes a loss in power and velocity for .38s fired from a 357 revolver. Therefore, I never fire .38s from a 357 and I have both .38 and 357 revolvers in my collection. This can make a difference when in a combat situtation. Just something to consider.

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh B View Post
    I know you already know the real answer to your question. They actually want 100% gun confiscation but know they can't get that right at the moment. So, they go for the black rifles that hold many rounds and look badass. However, it seems they got on a bit of a roll on this gun control this time and are expanding their reach as far as they can. Of course, none of what they are pushing has anything real to do with criminals unless you consider making legal gun owners criminals with their proposals.
    they already have banned most firearms from NYS. The "7 round" rule has pretty much banned most common hand guns and many common rifles. that was King Cuomo's intent, he came right and said "We put people on notice, I want to BAN assault weapons and high cap clips (magazines) period" ( the stupid douche still doesn't know or understand between a clip and a magazine)
    Last edited by jmac00; 02-23-2013 at 08:24 PM. Reason: close one, took me a couple minutes to figure out how to delete a pix
    I only drink a little, but when I do
    I turn into another person and THAT person drinks a lot

Quote Originally Posted by jmac00 View Post
    they already have banned most firearms from NYS. The "7 round" rule has pretty much banned most common hand guns and many common rifles. that was King Cuomo's intent, he came right and said "We put people on notice, I want to BAN assault weapons and high cap clips (magazines) period" ( the stupid douche still doesn't know or understand between a clip and a magazine)
    You are correct.

All of my semi-auto handguns hold 8 or more rounds. That would leave me with revolvers only. However, they would want me to go thru a psychological exam to own even those. I am sure they would fail me when they learn I believe the Bible is God's Word. They still will not be satisfied with that, more is coming.

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh B View Post
    When you fire .38s in a 357 mag revolver you have a larger cylinder gap between the cylinder and barrel due to the slight size difference between .38 and 357 rounds. This causes a loss in power and velocity for .38s fired from a 357 revolver. Therefore, I never fire .38s from a 357 and I have both .38 and 357 revolvers in my collection. This can make a difference when in a combat situtation. Just something to consider.
    .38 LSWC handloads on the range to punch paper with.

.357 Federal Hydra-shocks in gun at all other times, well, sometimes, I keep Glaser Safety Slugs in it....

.357 handloads when I'm wandering the woods. Of course, that's usually a different gun, too, since I don't worry about concealment.

I find it amazing...and quite repugnant, how leftists capitalize on victims of criminal activities by blatantly demeaning those deaths as an agenda to infringe on the rights of every law abiding citizen while completely ignoring the real cause of the killings.

First of all, these leftist fascists who want government agencies controlled by even more leftist fascists completely ignore that firearms are a vast minority of weapon of choice for killings of "innocent" Americans (let's be rational and take the criminal on criminal killings out of this equation). These pathetic leftists also ignore taking more action to prevent the kind of thinking that provokes such disturbed and violent individuals as those who commit murder, with firearms or with any of the many other methods used to kill others.

I have always stated that if there was a guarantee that the bad people in the U.S. who want to do criminal harm to others had no way to obtain a firearm, I would be fine with giving up my right own and bear arms. If there was a way to actually prevent bad people from having firearms to do harm with, I would be willing to make that compromise. The fact is that there is no way to prevent the bad guys from possessing firearms.

So, what needs to be done so that good citizens can retain their Constitutional rights to own and bear firearms and not be forced to be less able to defend ourselves against bad people, is for existing laws that are meant to treat the bad people who use firearms for criminal activity to be used to make it less enticing for them to do so. If someone using a firearm to rob another person were actually made to spend a mandatory 5-10 year sentence for doing so, that individual is going to think a lot harder about picking up a firearm when they get out of jail. For crying out loud, people have spent more time in jail for smoking a joint than they do for shooting at others during a crime!

Blaming firearms for deaths while ignoring the real reasons for violent crimes is an appalingly fascist method of trying to have government control the populace. Standing up victims of violent crimes as poster persons for abusing the rights of all Americans is flat out detestable. As much as I don't wish for harm to come to anyone, not even my worst enemy, I'm not so sure I could bring myself to urinate on some of these leftist manipulators if they were on fire.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 13161718192021222324 LastLast