Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1215161718192021222324 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jpsmith1cm View Post
    Of course, geer blew right past the point that I was trying to make to blame more shootings on Bush. A convenient target, but it doesn't move the discussion forward at all.

None of these discussions for or against gun bans really make any progress.

You've got one side who wants to take freedom away from good americans in the name of saving a few lives with no regard to the cost of doing so, and another side who is tired of being made the "fall guy" for a vanishingly small group of people who cannot be trusted with freedom.

Let's me say that guns are not the problem. Access to guns is not the problem.

People that wish to do harm to others ARE the problem.

Unless and until we, as a society, are prepared to do some difficult things and figure out why we have a class of people who wish to do harm to do other people, we will ALWAYS have that class of people.
    well said, unfortunately the left wing-nuts will still want to take guns away from the law abiding citizens. we are the ONLY group they can try to control. They can't control the criminals, so they come for us.
    BEING AN ADULT

is the dumbest thing I have ever done

Of course, geer blew right past the point that I was trying to make to blame more shootings on Bush. A convenient target, but it doesn't move the discussion forward at all.

You've got one side who wants to take freedom away from good americans in the name of saving a few lives with no regard to the cost of doing so, and another side who is tired of being made the "fall guy" for a vanishingly small group of people who cannot be trusted with freedom.

People that wish to do harm to others ARE the problem.

Unless and until we, as a society, are prepared to do some difficult things and figure out why we have a class of people who wish to do harm to do other people, we will ALWAYS have that class of people.
    This should put a smile on your face CPL's are on the rise,in my state it has gone from 336,000 to almost 356,000 in one year.
    As for geer he would not even admit that shooting sports related to buisness gatherings as a means to promote buisness is just a popular as golf in his home state. And that a fact jack.
    FEN

Of course, geer blew right past the point that I was trying to make
    You've tried to make that point before. Repetition doesn't doesn't validate it.

to blame more shootings on Bush.
    No blame for Bush. Merely a balancing of facts for the benefit of Jmac. We do want the proper historical context do we not?

A convenient target, but it doesn't move the discussion forward at all.
    Historical context is far more valid in discussions than repeated, unsupported assertions.

I would agree.

That's right. What's a few children more or less when compared to the freedom to shred paper targets or eviscerating squirrels?

No problem except these weapons are repeatedly used in mass-shootings.

Which would argue that restricting access of these weapons to these people is a must.

Quote Originally Posted by jmac00 View Post
    well said, unfortunately the left wing-nuts will still want to take guns away from the law abiding citizens. we are the ONLY group they can try to control. They can't control the criminals, so they come for us.
    Actually it is about controlling criminals by restricting access to these weapons.

Quote Originally Posted by the mojo View Post
    As for geer he would not even admit that shooting sports related to buisness gatherings as a means to promote buisness is just a popular as golf in his home state. And that a fact jack.
    Yes, the Whiskey and Bullets fetes are quite popular here in the Great State.

Why the Cheney Friend Hunting outing produced massive economic impact for the Whiskey and Medical industries.

Quote Originally Posted by geerair View Post
    Which would argue that restricting access of these weapons to these people is a must.
    NO PROBLEM.

Why, then, do we push forward an illogical method that prevents ME from owning these weapons?

NO PROBLEM.

Why, then, do we push forward an illogical method that prevents ME from owning these weapons?
    Didn't you say you already had a collection of these weapons?

Didn't you say you already had a collection of these weapons?
    I do not often speak of what guns I do or do not own.

I own more guns than some, less than others and less than what I'd like to.

Under the currently proposed legislation, I would be blocked future ability to purchase several weapons that I've got on my list to buy.

Under the currently proposed legislation, I would be blocked future ability to purchase several weapons that I've got on my list to buy.
    Better get to your local gun store pronto.

Better get to your local gun store pronto.
    Nah.

It won't pass.

Even the insane Feinstein admits that it isn't going to pass.

I'll keep saving my pennies and, when I've got enough and the prices are back down, I'll buy up what I want on the cheap.

Nah.

It won't pass.

Even the insane Feinstein admits that it isn't going to pass.
    So what's your complaint?

Whats on your wish list jp ??? you dont have to give the whole thing out.

I want a c96 mauser if I ever run across a decent one..... and Im sorta hunting an older s&w model 19
    May Allah Guide Us Towards The Right Path and move us towards a better understanding of Allah and Allahs Creation.

Quote Originally Posted by corny View Post
    Whats on your wish list jp ??? you dont have to give the whole thing out.

I want a c96 mauser if I ever run across a decent one..... and Im sorta hunting an older s&w model 19
    My wish list is probably too long to fit on this forum, but the short form version includes:

I'd like to get a 10/22 for the kids to play with. A fun .22 plinker is ALWAYS a hit. Might even look at an NFA model, assuming I could afford it.

I've given some thought to an AR. I've waffled on these before and haven't bought one to date. Maybe not one in .223, but a 6.8 Rem or an Ar-10 would be alright.

I want to pick up a nice double barreled shotgun, probably in 20 gauge, but I'd give some thought to a 28, just for 'snob appeal' It'll have to be a SxS, splinter fore end with a straight stock.

A Glock full sized pistol is on the list. I'm currently waffling between a 9, a 40 and a 45. Personally, I like BIG bores and I'd go for a .46 if they made one, but with others in the household, recoil is a factor which makes me lean towards a smaller bore.

An NFA subgun is on the list as well.

A .22 silencer for the 10/22

I've given some thought to buying a beat up older mil-surp rifle and making something of a project of it.

So, 3 of those would be regulated under the idiocy proposed by the idiot from California (the 10/22, the AR and the Glock in case you haven't been paying attention)

Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1215161718192021222324 LastLast