Page 13 of 24 FirstFirst ... 36789101112131415161718192023 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jax View Post
    Theproblem with gun control is it is never enough and it never will be.
    Asfar as the assault weapon. I think most all shootings could easily have beenaccomplished with a trusty 12 gage.
    Andif you think a gun is the only thing that can cause harm, think again. I betyou can Google bomb building and get hundreds of hits. As longas evil exist, they will find a way. But if you take away our gun, only thecriminal will have one.
    The problem with the rhetoric is it ignores the essential question. I can harm you with a rock.

You have still yet to explain why you are safer with the proposed banned weapons than without. I can't even believe I have to mention this again. What is it... 6 or 7 pages now?

Quote Originally Posted by scrogdog View Post
    I have never held a loaded gun in my hand. None of my family or friends have ever owned guns.
    So you believe nobody else should? Nobody should be able to do things you haven't done?
    I dont warranty Tinkeritus

Asfar as the assault weapon. I think most all shootings could easily have beenaccomplished with a trusty 12 gage.
    Andif you think a gun is the only thing that can cause harm, think again. I betyou can Google bomb building and get hundreds of hits. As longas evil exist, they will find a way. But if you take away our gun, only thecriminal will have one.
    Quote Originally Posted by jmac00 View Post
    your looking for a philosophical answer to a technical question. It ain't going to happen.

It's like asking "why" a light bulb lights? NO ONE can answer that question. You can describe how it lights....but WHY does it light.

I guess the best answer is the use for the tool. The Modern Sporting Rifle is and excellent varmint rifle. It make quick work of Hogs (big problem in Texas) Coyote, Ground hogs, Bobcat, porcupine and Raccoon

and if there is another L.A. type riot, it makes an excellent self defense weapon.

And we are headed for major riots in the next 3 years. The economy IS going to tank, food supplies will become more scarce. The Modern Sporting rifle is going to play a major roll in defending our families and property.

Thats WHY I need a Modern sporting rifle.
    Wow. Ok, I guess.

So a major riot means you need an assault rifle?

Funny, I seem to see police trying to diffuse a major riot with plastic shields and non- lethal methods FIRST. Not that they won't pull out something else.

That you can't even see a problem here IS the problem!

Sheesh.

Quote Originally Posted by lolson View Post
    So you believe nobody else should? Nobody should be able to do things you haven't done?
    When did I say that?

See, this is exactly what I mean.

Can you guys actually address an effing point or is it all just innacurate and tired NRA talking points?

You guys got ANYTHING?

Jesus.

Ok, let us try a new direction here.

I can kill you with a rock.

Why then develop any other weapons? Why aren't we perfectly happy killing each other with rocks?

Why don't we fight wars with rocks?

Originally Posted by Jax View Post
    And this is where the great divide begins.
    The decisions to regulate guns is based on the premise that if it only saves one life it is worth it.

Way off base. Where and how you guys manufacture this utter crap is beyond me.

At this point, after pages of repeated attempts I guess there is only one thing to do.

Laugh out effing loud.
    Please pay attention and stop the snooty arrogance.

"No law or set of laws can keep our children completely safe. But if there's even one thing we can do, if there's just one life we can save, we've got an obligation to try," Obama said.

The POTUS said this recently, This is the anti-gun agenda. And you are f'n LOL, well good for you then since you obviously don't have a F'n LOL clue what you are talking about.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/...9130KL20130204
    Last edited by Tool-Slinger; 02-17-2013 at 12:13 AM. Reason: link
    "You boys are really making this thing harder than it has to be". Me

"Who ARE you people? And WHAT are you doing in my SWAMP!?" Shrek

Service calls submitted after 3PM will be posted the next business day.

I give free estimates [Wild Ass Guesses] over the phone.

"I am sorry for interrupting, please continue with your quarreling" Some chick on TV

I have never held a loaded gun in my hand. None of my family or friends have ever owned guns.

We aren't we dead?
    Dumb question. You have never had to defend yourself. Must be nice to live in a nation of gun owners.

"I am sorry for interrupting, please continue with your quarreling" Some chick on TV

Why didn't they use grenades?
    We actually do have a problem in this nation with grenades. I am uncertain posting details, pipe-bomb is actually much less complicated or sophisticated a machine than any gun. Very simple device. You logic is foul.

The problem with the rhetoric is it ignores the essential question. I can harm you with a rock.

You have still yet to explain why you are safer with the proposed banned weapons than without. I can't even believe I have to mention this again. What is it... 6 or 7 pages now?

We need the weapons because we want them. Maybe to plink at empty freon drums, maybe to shoot varmits, or hunt for food or protect our homes. It is really none of your business. Gun ownership is useful. The occasional mental clown will go on a shooting spree, understood. Our nation has survived 200 years as a leading world power involved in many wars and never had a foreign invasion. We have not had a dictator rise to power. We are armed. We are AMERICANS, a free people, we have rights grated us by God and not the government. Many of these rights are enshrined in our Constitution including the second amendment.

If you do not 'get it'....

Wow. Ok, I guess.

So a major riot means you need an assault rifle?

Funny, I seem to see police trying to diffuse a major riot with plastic shields and non- lethal methods FIRST. Not that they won't pull out something else.

That you can't even see a problem here IS the problem!

Sheesh.
    We all do hope the police diffuse a riot. But we do not want to give up our means of self defense if they fall short of the task.

You should have them because you want them.

Well, I give you credit for one thing... at least someone answered my question at last.

Night folks, I'll have to ponder how to answer that one!

Why didn't they use grenades?
    HEY scrog! YOU APPARENTLY CANNOT HEAR. DOES IT REALLY MATTER TO THE DEAD?

ATOMIC BOMB, GRENADE, AK47, SHOTGUN, HANDGUN, SLINGSHOT, ROCK, STICK, FIST, COLAPSIBLE STOCK, 30 RD MAG, SINGLE SHOT, RATE OF FIRE.....

It will produce the SAME results, by the SAME deranged person. What was going to stop him?

Your logic: ban "assault" weapons....my question: Why...how is banning a certain KIND of weapon going to PREVENT someone from dying?

The truth is...IT WONT...what part of that do you not understand?

Since you are sooo demanding of questions...

In your opinion, how many lives would have been saved (at Sandy Hook) if there was an "assault weapon ban"?
    A smooth sea has never made a worthy mariner
    English proverb

Ok, let us try a new direction here.

I can kill you with a rock.

Why then develop any other weapons? Why aren't we perfectly happy killing each other with rocks?

Why don't we fight wars with rocks?
    I am guessing any intelligent monkey is smart enough to use a rock to kill. We need better weapons. And we are not killing each other with them in general. We are PROTECTING EACH OTHER.

Jesus.

Page 13 of 24 FirstFirst ... 36789101112131415161718192023 ... LastLast