Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2567891011121314151617181922 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by scrogdog View Post
    Well, since apparently NO ONE can logically describe WHY these tools are needed despite several attempts on my part to gain that information, I see little point in commenting further on posts that fail to address it.
    your looking for a philosophical answer to a technical question. It ain't going to happen.

It's like asking "why" a light bulb lights? NO ONE can answer that question. You can describe how it lights....but WHY does it light.

I guess the best answer is the use for the tool. The Modern Sporting Rifle is and excellent varmint rifle. It make quick work of Hogs (big problem in Texas) Coyote, Ground hogs, Bobcat, porcupine and Raccoon

and if there is another L.A. type riot, it makes an excellent self defense weapon.

And we are headed for major riots in the next 3 years. The economy IS going to tank, food supplies will become more scarce. The Modern Sporting rifle is going to play a major roll in defending our families and property.

Thats WHY I need a Modern sporting rifle.
    The Last four letters

American = I Can, Republican = I Can, Democrats = Rats

any questions

Quote Originally Posted by geerair View Post
    Looks like you have already provided documentation for me re via Reuters.

You will recall I said Ar-15s and like and accessories.
    Stick to golf, you're more knowledgeable about the subject.

This is for the Blind and ignorant.
    From the beginning of time Kane committed our first murder and people has been killing people ever since and some seem to believe gun control will solve the problem. Some believe that banning certain weapons will solve the problem. Some believe it will stop mass murders. Oh how sweet.
    Being we are not under total gun control yet we need to take a trip around the world. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8vNrAeRznlA
    I dont warranty Tinkeritus

Quote Originally Posted by lolson View Post
    This is for the Blind and ignorant.
    From the beginning of time Kane committed our first murder and people has been killing people ever since and some seem to believe gun control will solve the problem. Some believe that banning certain weapons will solve the problem. Some believe it will stop mass murders. Oh how sweet.
    Being we are not under total gun control yet we need to take a trip around the world. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8vNrAeRznlA
    But...what your video fails to mention is that there are nations with full gun bans and extremely restrictive gun laws that have crime rates much lower than the USA. Not the third world hell holes and lawless nations that your video depends on either.....
    YOU SHALL REAP WHAT YOU HAVE _______ SOWN

Quote Originally Posted by jpsmith1cm View Post
    WHY?

That is the important question in my mind?

Why now? What has changed?
    Because, I came here to get points of view. Discourse. Debate.

Again I state, I'm moderate on this issue because I believe that one side has a point that the other side chokes on and can only respond by parroting NRA talking points and rheteric instead of giving a meaningful and thoughtful answer.

Pages ago, I asked a simple question. In my view, it remains unanswered. The inability to address that simple question meaningfully without rhetoric is apparently non-existant in my humble opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by corny View Post
    But...what your video fails to mention is that there are nations with full gun bans and extremely restrictive gun laws that have crime rates much lower than the USA. Not the third world hell holes and lawless nations that your video depends on either.....
    Lets keep it that way

Quote Originally Posted by AStudent View Post
    say a kid wants to rob a store but is afraid to do so, so he never attempts it...and grows up to be a law abiding citizen.

Say another kid wants to rob a store and is also afraid...but the next time the kid goes shooting with dad he feels overwhelmed with power...so he takes the gun and robs the store....growing up as a criminal.

Both boys had criminal intent...but only one did anything illegal.

Did the gun cause the crime?
    This post is off base in my opinion. The question is, does the availability of weapons matter?

Apparently so, since my earlier point about grenades was another thing nit satisfactorily addressed.

Seems you folks excel at avoiding things you don't like while tripping over yourselves with poorly thought out NRA talking points.

There is no comprehensive package, geer.

I'm only hearing ban, ban, ban.

No real talk about mental health reform.

No real talk about addressing the root causes of crime.

No real talk about punishing those who do wrong.

Just about restricting and controlling folks like me who didn't do anything wrong in the first place.

SO, when you've got a good, "comprehensive package" we'll talk.

Until then, pound sand.
    We need all of those things. If you agree and are not just spouting rhetoric, what is wrong with guns first? How is that bad even if nothing else gets done?

If each thing is bad, then eliminating only one of them is good.

You still have not answered a single question I've posed, of course, but can we agree on that at least?

Quote Originally Posted by Jax View Post
    And this is where the great divide begins.
    The decisions to regulate guns is based on the premise that if it only saves one life it is worth it.

Way off base. Where and how you guys manufacture this utter crap is beyond me.

The problem is there is no consideration for value of the gun in the hands of law abiding citizens and the lives it cost with restrictive laws.
    At this point, after pages of repeated attempts I guess there is only one thing to do.

Laugh out effing loud.

I've had guns available to me for years.

Why haven't I done a mass shooting?
    I have never held a loaded gun in my hand. None of my family or friends have ever owned guns.

We aren't we dead?

Quote Originally Posted by Helioson View Post
    Had these mass-shooters not had access to these "weapons of choice" it would have been too dificult to carry their deeds out and would have just sat on the sofa, popped another pill and played another round of grand theft auto or call of duty. Right.
    Why didn't they use grenades?

Quote Originally Posted by Helioson View Post
    Simple logic: ok, no AR-15... no semi-auto rifle... no rifle... no handgun... no shotgun.....no gun. See it?
    Nope. The precedent argument is terminally weak as I've already pointed out.

What we need is less parroting of NRA talking points and more meaningful discussion.

I myself don't own one of these assault looking weapons and I don't care for one being I am a left handed shooter and the M16A1 was famous for landing hot brass in your collar, then the M16A2 came out and was more friendly for us lefty's and I still don't care for one. that does not give me the right to say nobody can have one just because I don't care for one.
    What I don't understand is why socially engineered people insist that an assault looking fire arm will solve the problem.

Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2567891011121314151617181922 ... LastLast