Page 18 of 24 FirstFirst ... 81112131415161718192021222324 LastLast
    So if we ban guns then all violent crimes will end? No absolutely not. Will anything change? No only the weapon of choice. Right now I can go into bass pro shops and buy a compound bow or a crossbow with nothing more than cash. No ID or anything. Then I can turn around and buy razor tips for the arrows. I may not be able to 'fire' as quickly as I can with a semi auto 'insert gun of choice' but people will still suffer. The taliban killed over 6 thousand people on 9-11 and not a single shot was fired. In fact they used box cutters you find at home Depot. What needs to change is the morality of this country and that starts with life at home. Taking care of your kids and setting limits and discipline. That's where all this starts. The gun is not the problem people are

Quote Originally Posted by dave72370 View Post
    So if we ban guns then all violent crimes will end? No absolutely not. Will anything change? No only the weapon of choice. Right now I can go into bass pro shops and buy a compound bow or a crossbow with nothing more than cash. No ID or anything. Then I can turn around and buy razor tips for the arrows. I may not be able to 'fire' as quickly as I can with a semi auto 'insert gun of choice' but people will still suffer. The taliban killed over 6 thousand people on 9-11 and not a single shot was fired. In fact they used box cutters you find at home Depot. What needs to change is the morality of this country and that starts with life at home. Taking care of your kids and setting limits and discipline. That's where all this starts. The gun is not the problem people are
    You are correct sir! And all the anti gunners (actually anti-constitutionalists) are going to accomplish (if we let them) is to take away yours and mine right and ability to defend ourselves should that become necessary.

Declawing the cat does not protect it from the pit bull!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh B View Post
    You are correct sir! And all the anti gunners (actually anti-constitutionalists) are going to accomplish (if we let them) is to take away yours and mine right and ability to defend ourselves should that become necessary.

Declawing the cat does not protect it from the pit bull!!!!
    yep, a bunch of new gun control laws, NOT ONE WORD ON HOW TO DEAL WITH CRIMINALS......
    LOVE has four letters

So does BEER, DEER,GUNS AND FISH

Quote Originally Posted by jmac00 View Post
    yep, a bunch of new gun control laws, NOT ONE WORD ON HOW TO DEAL WITH CRIMINALS......

Well, they are in the process of creating a new brand of criminals. Those of us who simply own firearms and attachments for firearms. I can become a felon by simply sitting in front of my TV at home minding my own business while my firearms are safely stored in my safe. My guess is that we, the new brand of criminals will be sought out while real illegals roam the streets committing actual crimes.

I will not not stand for that!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jmac00 View Post
    Americans are not demanding new methods of dealing with criminals.... Americans never demand new methods of dealing with criminals or demand stricter sentancing....the death penalty for violent offenders...

We dont mention anything about it to our elected leaders.....

Maybe if americans could get together and demand that things be done to keep these people off the street forever and if they dont do anything get together as americans and throw them out of office.......maybe the pols would start to address crime in a serious manner.

American Citizen to pol: We want criminals put away for longer sentences.

Pol to American citizen: We will have to raise money with some taxes and build bigger prisons and jails.

American Citizen to pol: Just forget it.

American Citizen to pol: If you dont get stricter on crime we are going to throw you out of office.

Unless someone from the opposite party stands a chance of winning your seat.
    YOU SHALL REAP WHAT YOU HAVE _______ SOWN

Quote Originally Posted by corny View Post
    Americans are not demanding new methods of dealing with criminals.... Americans never demand new methods of dealing with criminals or demand stricter sentancing....the death penalty for violent offenders...

We dont mention anything about it to our elected leaders.....

Maybe if americans could get together and demand that things be done to keep these people off the street forever and if they dont do anything get together as americans and throw them out of office.......maybe the pols would start to address crime in a serious manner.

American Citizen to pol: We want criminals put away for longer sentences.

Pol to American citizen: We will have to raise money with some taxes and build bigger prisons and jails.

American Citizen to pol: Just forget it.

American Citizen to pol: If you dont get stricter on crime we are going to throw you out of office.

Unless someone from the opposite party stands a chance of winning your seat.
    Ok, now I tend to agree with this until we get to the highlighted part above.

Government has shown an historic LACK of responsibility with money. All parties, all politicians, every one of them to a person. Cannot be trusted with money any more than a pothead with the munchies can be trusted near a refrigerator.

I'm all for express-lane type executions. Life in prison is a joke. If you're going up for life, then we lock you in a room with a Luger and one round and leave you there until we hear the gun go off.

I, for one, am SICK and TIRED of paying for degenerates in the prison system to live their lives there while finding ways to waste even more money by filing appeal after appeal and frivolous lawsuit after lawsuit.

It's either prison stripes and the chain-gang or let's start executing a LOT more of these losers.

3 strikes and a life sentence?

Nope, 3 strikes and a bullet in the back of your head. Send a bill to the next of kin.

Something to consider.....

All information typed on a public forum (such as this one) is accessible and can be brought up (never mind if used right/wrong) as a public statement. Some unscrupulous persons may have the sole intention of instigating arguments that....I may have the tendency to be pulled into and I may become emotionally invigorated to say something I normally would not if presented before others outside of this forum.

Some persons may genuinely feel strongly different than I do and in the moment may say things that they may not want brought up outside of this forum as well.

I normally "say what I mean" and I believe most of you do as well, BUT, some things can be taken out of context and shared negatively without my consent (our always professional media sometimes makes mistakes).

Just something to consider.
    A smooth sea has never made a worthy mariner
    English proverb

Quote Originally Posted by Helioson View Post
    Something to consider.....

All information typed on a public forum (such as this one) is accessible and can be brought up (never mind if used right/wrong) as a public statement. Some unscrupulous persons may have the sole intention of instigating arguments that....I may have the tendency to be pulled into and I may become emotionally invigorated to say something I normally would not if presented before others outside of this forum.

Some persons may genuinely feel strongly different than I do and in the moment may say things that they may not want brought up outside of this forum as well.

I normally "say what I mean" and I believe most of you do as well, BUT, some things can be taken out of context and shared negatively without my consent (our always professional media sometimes makes mistakes).

Just something to consider.
    Soooo, you are basically saying that Geer has a nutty argument?
    "You boys are really making this thing harder than it has to be". Me

"Who ARE you people? And WHAT are you doing in my SWAMP!?" Shrek

Service calls submitted after 3PM will be posted the next business day.

I give free estimates [Wild Ass Guesses] over the phone.

"I am sorry for interrupting, please continue with your quarreling" Some chick on TV

Quote Originally Posted by Tool-Slinger View Post
    Horrifyingly stupid. You cannot go around passing inept and poorly conceived laws on 300,000,000 people willy-nilly over the loss of 30.
    Proposals haven't even been formally discussed yet in Congress.

Are you psychic?

Quote Originally Posted by geerair View Post
    Proposals haven't even been formally discussed yet in Congress.

Are you psychic?
    you mean like the NYS legislature, they convened, drafted a law and past the law in less that 24 hours, then the Govern.....I mean dictator signed it into law within 3 hours.

That formal discussion
    LOVE has four letters

Quote Originally Posted by jpsmith1cm View Post
    I'm still waiting for the rest of the "approach"

We can disagree on the banning of a certain class of weapons all day long.

The looney gun grabbers keep yapping about their "balanced" and "multi-faceted" approach.

WHERE IS IT?

The proposed AWB and other like legislation is nothing more than a 'good-natured' attempt by those in power to take more freedoms from law-abiding citizens while doing NOTHING meaningful to affect the very crimes that they wish to affect.

Biden even said so.
    What Biden actually said was that no plan they could formulate would eliminate the possibility of another mass-shooting but that it could save lives.

Until you come up with a plan that addresses the causative factors of mass-shootings and violence in general, you could ban ALL guns and have no affect on crime rates.
    Pure speculation.

Quote Originally Posted by geerair View Post

Pure speculation.

No it's not, you just can't refute it
    LOVE has four letters

So if we ban guns then all violent crimes will end? No absolutely not.
    I agree.

Right now I can go into bass pro shops and buy a compound bow or a crossbow with nothing more than cash. No ID or anything. Then I can turn around and buy razor tips for the arrows. I may not be able to 'fire' as quickly as I can with a semi auto 'insert gun of choice' but people will still suffer.
    How many mass shootings have there been which utilized a bow and arrow?

The taliban killed over 6 thousand people on 9-11 and not a single shot was fired. In fact the
    y used box cutters you find at home Depot.
    Yes and a massive amount of regulations followed as well as an entirely new Government Department to prevent similar future events.

A comprehensive proposal which would include restricting the availability of weapons used in mass-shootings among other actions looks down right paltry and prudent in comparison.

Page 18 of 24 FirstFirst ... 81112131415161718192021222324 LastLast