Page 1 of 17 1234567811 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Gun Confiscation

This is the kind of stuff that will happen under a tyrannical Government. I am glad it doesn't happen with us under our 2nd Amendment Protection! Oh wait, it does...... Maybe this is why our Four Fathers set-up our founding principles as they have. We need to fight that they remain the same. The New Orleans officials apparently apologized after this happened but I'll bet that doesn't mean it wouldn't happen again especially with Comrade Obummer at the helm. Go ahead and blame that one on good old Bush. He is used to being blamed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tta1qhQZWSE&sns=em
    They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither safety nor liberty.
    Benjamin Franklin

Holy crap.....we have four fathers? I wonder if our Forefathers where aware of this.
    If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what will never be. (Thomas Jefferson 1816)

OOPPPPSSSSSS....
    They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither safety nor liberty.
    Benjamin Franklin

Hey...we are just a bunch of loosy goosy easy going folk down here in ARP and love each each other to much to have a laugh at some one else expense now would we guys?
    If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what will never be. (Thomas Jefferson 1816)

If you are serious about this issue then you may want to read this article regarding gun confiscation and the second amendment written by someone who has it well thought out. This is one of the better opinions that I have read and I have read quite a few.

http://www.newswithviews.com/LeMieux/michael104.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh B View Post
    If you are serious about this issue then you may want to read this article regarding gun confiscation and the second amendment written by someone who has it well thought out. This is one of the better opinions that I have read and I have read quite a few.

that is an excellent review of the second amendment

NY state is well on the way to gun confiscation. Supposedly we have til April 15th 2014 to register our long guns.

However the government forgot one small detail. Form 4470 has only been around 20 years or so. What are they going to do about the millions of firearms that they don't know about.

What are they going to do when millions of firearms owners ignore the law and become non-compliant
    The Last four letters

American = I Can, Republican = I Can, Democrats = Rats

any questions

The Bill Of Rights are limits on all branches of government. Therefore, when the Second Amendment reads "shall not be infringed", it is the very highest law of the land and clearly and simply states that NO branch of government may prevent citizens from owning firearms.

The Supreme Court has made incorrect rulings in the past and has even reversed itself. The Constitution however, remains the same. Local sheriffs and other law enforcement agencies have correctly taken the position that they will not enforce such gun confiscation laws that are unconstitutional.

The Bill Of Rights are limits on all branches of government. Therefore, when the Second Amendment reads "shall not be infringed", it is the very highest law of the land and clearly and simply states that NO branch of government may prevent citizens from owning firearms.
    True, but like all rights, the 2nd amendment is not unlimited. Governments have the constitutional power to regulate/restrict firearms.

The Supreme Court has made incorrect rulings in the past and has even reversed itself
    True, but the Supreme Court has, through the ages consistenly ruled that governments have the constitutional power to regulate/restrict firearms.

The Constitution however, remains the same.
    The words may remain the same but the interpretations of those words often changes.

Local sheriffs and other law enforcement agencies have correctly taken the position that they will not enforce such gun confiscation laws that are unconstitutional.
    For that matter, they are not required to enforce any law that has been deemed a violation of the constitution.

So their positions and your point on this matter are moot.

Good article.

Yawn.

Just another gun range lawyer who knows less about the second amendment and Supreme Court rulings on this issue than your run of the mill room temperature IQ tea bagger.

Quote Originally Posted by geerair View Post
    Yawn.

Just another gun range lawyer who knows less about the second amendment and Supreme Court rulings on this issue than your run of the mill room temperature IQ tea bagger.
    so he's smarted than you ?????
    The Last four letters

American = I Can, Republican = I Can, Democrats = Rats

any questions

Quote Originally Posted by jmac00 View Post
    so he's smarted than you ?????
    Nah.

He's in this guy's league.

Quote Originally Posted by geerair View Post
    Yawn.

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/cliffhanger/

Tea anyone,will that be one lump or two.

One if by land two if by sea,if you look for me on the water,you won't find me.
    FEN

Page 1 of 17 1234567811 ... LastLast