Johnson Metasys/CCT state tables
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Johnson Metasys/CCT state tables

we recently upgraded to CC_Tool version 5.3.0.6500

Has anyone seen a program with blank state tables (the state generation modules don't show up), that you can't add to or link to, and when you navigate away from the tab, it throws a java exception?

This occurs only with some programs, whether upgraded to this version or not.

Thanks in advance,

Jim A.

Thread relocated to the Controls section of the site.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Greenjeans View Post
    we recently upgraded to CC_Tool version 5.3.0.6500

Has anyone seen a program with blank state tables (the state generation modules don't show up), that you can't add to or link to, and when you navigate away from the tab, it throws a java exception?

This occurs only with some programs, whether upgraded to this version or not.

Thanks in advance,

Jim A.

i've seen programs with blank state tables, but it's because they didn't have any.....who wrote the program?

The vendor. We do have an email request into the branch. We have a unique arrangement, where we are a 'dealer' for our own stuff. I am not hacking.

It does not matter what we add into the state generation column. The default inputs don't show either.

I am wondering if I am going to need to re-write the program from scratch. We can't tell if there was anything being controlled there, so can't be absolutely certain if it all works. This is on a steam heat exchanger, and we are adding a second bundle.
    .ja.

It is a supervisorly / monitor only.... Used mainly on IOMs.
    UA Local 141

All logic is in the supervisor or perr to peer from somewere else....
    UA Local 141

This is on an FEC, with IOM's connected for expansion.

The exception starts out like this:

java.lang.NullPointerException
    at com.jci.cct.ui.view.tabs.statetables.StateSelectio nDetail.dispose(Unknown Source)
    at com.jci.cct.ui.view.tabs.statetables.StateTablesPa nel.removeContent(Unknown Source)
    at com.jci.cct.ui.view.tabs.EditablePanel.dispose(Unk nown Source)
    at com.jci.cct.ui.CCTApplicationDataManager.refreshBo ttomPane(Unknown Source)
    at com.jci.cct.ui.CCTApplicationDataManager.access$15 00(Unknown Source)
    at com.jci.cct.ui.CCTApplicationDataManager$3.stateCh anged(Unknown Source)

Are you referring to a program loaded into a FEC now, if so restart the computer then upload it again.

Please remember we are taking Java(its not perfect), restart the computer, clear the JAVA cache, clear the IE browsing history, disable java revision newer then the required java for CCT etc...

Then try it all again if it fails after all that the reload CCT and if that fails load the 5.3.2 patch...
    UA Local 141

I did restart the machine, I do not update java (the machine is dedicated), we have duplicated the problem with certain programs (not all) uploaded fresh from FECs on to at least two CCT machines.

re-loading CCT was a thought, I will keep you posted.

thanks!
    .ja.

Can you email me the caf file you are having the issue.
    UA Local 141

I've seen it happen before. I ended up just rewriting the problem areas. Pain in the behind, but it was easier than waiting hours or days for tech support to find a fix. I think it's only happened once on an NCE I upgraded from 4.1 though.

Since this occurs with only certain programs on two different machines, we will not be re-loading CCT. We have cleared the java cache, and the IE cache. I don't know that we have the 5.3.2 patch, we did the 5.2.2 previously. The .CAF file has been sent.
    I am afraid I will be re-writing this thing as best I can.

peace

Ok here is the deal. Who ever wrote the caf file for this job DID blow out all the state tables. All of the logic is connected and should function correctly. People have ther opinions aout the use of the state tables and there advantages and disadvantages. But in this case there is nothing wrong with the logic. And was more then likely wrote by someone very comfortable with custom (away from a standard) work in CCT.

The other programs you seen like this were probobaly wrote by the same person(who is your JCI person).......
    UA Local 141

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast