Hello from VA

Thread: Hello from VA

Hello from VA

Hello,

I have happened upon this website probably a hundred times while googling various refrigeration questions over the last year or so, and tonight I have decided to go ahead a join so that maybe I may not only post a few questions, but maybe even contribute an answer or two.

My background:
    I began working in the restaurant repair industry in 2005 through a agent with Hobart. While I enjoyed my job, towards the end of my time with that company, I began to dislike the direction they were going. After much soul searching, I decided to leave that company. At first I simply just got another job in a different industry all together, but I found that I missed working in restaurant kitchens, and since I have always had an entrepreneurial drive since I was a kid, I decided to obtain my contractors license in Virginia in refrigeration, and set out hitting up local restaurants.

My business just turned one year old this month, and since I live in a relatively rural area where the typical county maybe has a total of 10 restaurants, and everyone and his brother seems to be able to turn a wrench for $10 per hour, it has been somewhat of a struggle getting started, which is why I still work part time on the weekends. But I feel the tide is beginning to turn this year. Right before Christmas I landed a decent account including three locations. Bringing me to a good handful of loyal customers. Still I have my slow weeks where I'm cold calling quite a bit. Stopped at a place in a neighboring county today and had a very encouraging talk with the manager their, I'll follow up on that in a few weeks.

Since I went from a company of 20 technicians that I could always call on for a second opinion for something, down to just me, myself and I, I look forward to using this website hopefully for a little tech support from time to time, and maybe, as I said, give a little back once in a while too.

I have been Hobart factory trained on dishwashers, bakery systems, scales, mixer/meat room equipment, and although I never went to the cooking class, I've always had good luck repairing Hobart/Vulcan equipment in the field. I understand that Hobart tech support is almost impossible unless you work for Hobart, so I'm more than happy to offer what ever expertise I can in this department, just let me know.

Yours Truly,

Moon

welcome,

you'll be needing to get that post count up and get to the pro side to get detailed answers to any questions.

all that time wasted before you finally signed on
    It`s better to be silent and thought the fool; than speak and remove all doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by dandyme View Post
    welcome,

you'll be needing to get that post count up and get to the pro side to get detailed answers to any questions.

all that time wasted before you finally signed on
    Thanks, it's good to talk tech again with people who actually understand what I'm talking about.

Welcome! Welcome!

Thank you! Thank you!

What part of va are ou in

Quote Originally Posted by jorogas View Post
    What part of va are ou in
    I live and work in the New River Valley region, about 50 miles south of Roanoke along I81