Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 13 of 14
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    59

    Want opinions on this combustion analyzer

    Hey Everyone,

    The company I work for doesn't own a combustion analyzer or draft gauge, so I was going to purchase one on my own if I can find one within my price range. I was looking at this UEi C50 Combustion Analyzer (http://www.instrumart.com/products/3...stion-analyzer) because it's affordable. If anyone has opinions on this piece or this manufacturer, I'd love to get your input.

    Thanks!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Gering, NE
    Posts
    14
    Company I work for used to use it really couldn't complain much but company recently bought all of the techs the testo 310 with printer nice analyzer a little more pricey but worth it IMO


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Atlanta GA area
    Posts
    20,258
    Testo makes a really good CA unit...

    You might consider training... a CA unit is not much until one understands how to use it.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

    Galatians 2:20-21; Colossians 1: 21-22 & 26-27; 3:1-4; Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

    2 Chronicles 7:14

    Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    59
    Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    Testo makes a really good CA unit...

    You might consider training... a CA unit is not much until one understands how to use it.
    We used CA in class so I've got some experience with them, but the company I'm with doesn't have any. Today I went on a PM and noticed some flame rollout on a 25 year old unit. Didn't have anything to check draft except for a tissue near the flue, and didn't see any cracks in the HX, but though it would be nice to get a draft reading and check carbon monoxide levels to see if there was a leak in the HX to start with.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    North Richland Hills, Texas
    Posts
    14,914
    I know price is an issue, but I wouldn't bother with a CA that doesn't have a CO sensor.
    If more government is the answer, then it's a really stupid question.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    59
    Quote Originally Posted by mark beiser View Post
    I know price is an issue, but I wouldn't bother with a CA that doesn't have a CO sensor.
    Thank you, nice catch. I didn't see that the C50 didn't have a CO sensor, I was looking at the specs of the C75 but the price of the C50. Thanks again, I'll keep looking!

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    5,153
    If cost is an issue try ebay. Lot's of great deals to be found on there. You just have to be patient and wait for the right deal to come along.
    Last edited by hvacrmedic; 02-12-2013 at 11:27 PM.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    North Richland Hills, Texas
    Posts
    14,914
    Quote Originally Posted by hvacrmedic View Post
    If cost is an issue try ebay. Lot's of great deals to be found on there. You just have to be patient and wait for the right deal to come along.
    With the potential calibration issues, likely need for new sensors, either immediately, or after a relatively short time, and wear on the pump, it would have to be an absolutely screaming hot deal before I'd even give a Fleabay listed CA a look.

    I've got a 7 year old Bacharach Fyrite Pro 125 I'd let go cheap. It just needs a CO sensor, 02 sensor, new pump, and calibration.
    Other than that, it is in great shape!
    If more government is the answer, then it's a really stupid question.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    5,153
    Quote Originally Posted by mark beiser View Post
    With the potential calibration issues, likely need for new sensors, either immediately, or after a relatively short time, and wear on the pump, it would have to be an absolutely screaming hot deal before I'd even give a Fleabay listed CA a look.

    I've got a 7 year old Bacharach Fyrite Pro 125 I'd let go cheap. It just needs a CO sensor, 02 sensor, new pump, and calibration.
    Other than that, it is in great shape!
    I may regret going that route, but we'll see. Mine should arrive either today or tomorrow. A NIB Insight w/reporting kit for less than half of retail. Even if I have to replace the O2 sensor the grand total will still be only half of normal retail.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    North Richland Hills, Texas
    Posts
    14,914
    Quote Originally Posted by hvacrmedic View Post
    I may regret going that route, but we'll see. Mine should arrive either today or tomorrow. A NIB Insight w/reporting kit for less than half of retail. Even if I have to replace the O2 sensor the grand total will still be only half of normal retail.
    Yeah, a screaming deal on a NIB instrument would be worth the risk.
    If more government is the answer, then it's a really stupid question.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Columbia, MD
    Posts
    3,379
    bacharach intech is a nice meter. got it with the case and meter for ~ 550 i think

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    5,153
    Quote Originally Posted by mark beiser View Post
    Yeah, a screaming deal on a NIB instrument would be worth the risk.
    I finally got my Bacharach Insight today. It's the reporting kit bundle, with printer and USB cable in a hard case. It shipped late and then spent a full week with USPS before arriving at my doorstep. I was beginning to wonder if it would get here at all. Anyway, opened it up and saw that it's obviously new and has never been used to test an appliance, but it wasn't exactly NIB because it had 2.5 hours logged on it and .3 hrs on the pump. Somebody probably turned it on a few times to scroll through the menu items and play with the buttons. Seems to operate perfectly. The O2 sensor showed to be at 60%, which is about what I expected to see, actually better than what I expected. Most of my future tool purchases will probably be on ebay. This wasn't my first ebay purchase, and if my luck holds out like this it won't be my last. Great place to shop IMO.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    In a boiler room
    Posts
    6,914
    If I was buying my own CA I would get the Bacharach Insight Plus. Good features for the money.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event