Thread: Heil question

Heil question

ok, so this is my first post here....we have a small hvac business in a rural area and recently got a call for a Heil that was freezing up and would not go into a defrost mode. While looking at other posts i was able to confirm it is from the 13 week of 97. Could anyone tell us where we might get a troubleshooting guide or a sequence of operation guide? The model # is a PHAD42N1KZ. thx juleeque

Quote Originally Posted by juleeque View Post
    ok, so this is my first post here.... Could anyone tell us where we might get a troubleshooting guide or a sequence of operation guide? The model # is a PHAD42N1KZ.
    Welcome to HVAC-TALK. Sorry, but we do not post manuals or technical information in this "OPEN" forum.

I will say that on this time/temperature defrost control board, the Defrost Thermostat (DFT) has to be closed before the timings (30-60-90 min.) will begin for a defrost cycle.

The Defrost Control (DFC) will energize the reversing valve to switch the unit back to cooling at the same time it turns off the outdoor fan once the 30-60-90 time has been met. The only way it will do this is if the DFC has 24v all the time.

What have you tried to troubleshoot this problem?

Can you force a defrost?

This won't help you on this thread, but get your post count up and apply for PRO membership. We can be of a lot more assistance on the Pro side.

It is always a good idea to put some info in your profile, including an email address.
    Instead of learning the tricks of the trade, learn the trade.

FYI rundawg is the manual guy so don't piss him off!

1ndone
    It`s better to be silent and thought the fool; than speak and remove all doubt.

Seems to be lots of those lately...